The Alloa Athletic Thread

7 minutes ago, printer said:

Thought you'd be keeping your head down re penalties. 😉

Strictly speaking it was a penalty, although I'd have been unhappy if it was given against us. 

Sevco (Ranjurs) on the other hand get dodgy pens every other game is seems. I read recently that Tavernier had taken 75 penalties in the 8 seasons he's been with them. Given he can't have taken them all over that period, I'm thinking they must have had 90-100 penalties in that time. I very much doubt that Falkirk and Alloa's combined total will have been as much!

53 minutes ago, Rory said:

I can't remember if Wales or Steven are able to play on Saturday? I think they were both cup tied already?

If they've played in the challenge cup for a colts team they should still be able to play in the Scottish Cup i don't think that would affect the Scottish cup. I'm pretty sure and Kilmarnock and St Johnstone only enter at this round I'm about 99% sure those 2 players won't be cup tied.

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Strictly speaking it was a penalty, although I'd have been unhappy if it was given against us. 

Sevco (Ranjurs) on the other hand get dodgy pens every other game is seems. I read recently that Tavernier had taken 75 penalties in the 8 seasons he's been with them. Given he can't have taken them all over that period, I'm thinking they must have had 90-100 penalties in that time. I very much doubt that Falkirk and Alloa's combined total will have been as much!

They do seem to get a strangely large amount of penalties given , I can't remember the last time we were given one ! 

on another note

We were without Wales and Steven against Dunbar them being cup tied so same again surely .

11 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

They do seem to get a strangely large amount of penalties given , I can't remember the last time we were given one ! 

on another note

We were without Wales and Steven against Dunbar them being cup tied so same again surely .

Possibly because they didn't want them cup tied if they were to recall them

12 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

on another note

If loans are extended then they should be available

50 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

That is a bit surprising and I don't get that personally surely if you are Kilmarnock or St Johnstone you are wanting to see how Wales or Stevens would do against a premiership team this weekend. Wales from what I've seen and heard could end up being a very decent player pretty sure he was the guy who hit the post against us in that 0-0 game.

Fairly certain that it was the parent clubs who didn't want them to play vs Dunbar. They would have been waiting at the time to see if the players would go back in Jan and play for the parent club or even maybe a championship club. If the loans are being extended then they should be free to play.

5 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Wales back to Killie, how did he do with you guys?

3 goals in his last 3 for us. But was a brilliant player who put his all in and was a real quick and creative player. Going to be a real miss for us

17 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Blow for Saturday, absolutely. Never expected him to play anyway. We lost Euan Henderson for a few weeks before returning. Don't think all is lost yet. 

Rumours are that there is interest in him from down south.

1 hour ago, Killiefan said:

Rumours are that there is interest in him from down south.

Wouldn't be surprised seen Kerr Smith leave Dundee United for Aston Villa and Justin Devenny leave Airdrie to join Crystal Palace in the last few years and can see Bobby as a player who can make it far. 

33 minutes ago, LoganAAFC said:

Wouldn't be surprised seen Kerr Smith leave Dundee United for Aston Villa and Justin Devenny leave Airdrie to join Crystal Palace in the last few years and can see Bobby as a player who can make it far. 

Unfortunately it’s going to be the way now for all Scottish clubs, English clubs are taking a chance by swooping up all the potential coming from our youth systems.

3 hours ago, Killiefan said:

Unfortunately it’s going to be the way now for all Scottish clubs, English clubs are taking a chance by swooping up all the potential coming from our youth systems.

You just let us know any rumours of strikers in at Killie. There's never a better grease of the wheels than having too many players for a position.

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

You just let us know any rumours of strikers in at Killie. There's never a better grease of the wheels than having too many players for a position.

Think our priorities have changed from attack to midfield as we lost 2 to injuries this week.

35 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

There's rumours that Accies tried to send Zannata to Clyde but he rejected it. Could that be an option for Alloa now done very well for you in his last spell.

I did wonder about that previously given Andy will know him well from that spell. Wasn't there a suggestion he is keen to go home to Canada? I'd happily have him back, however mixed the reviews he gets from fans of other clubs. 

Shame about Wales but as a few have said, we'll have to wait and see what happens next few weeks. Maybe he'll be back yet. If not you'd guess it frees up space for another addition. In the meantime it's a chance for Ally Roy, who can count himself unlucky not to have been starting of late anyway. 

Think the Taylor Steven deal was announced as being for the season originally? Hopefully no recall there, another good option and think we can still get more out of him.