St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Funny how the atmosphere from different parts of the ground gives a different impression. From where we were ( in the corner of the Lisbon lions and north Stands) the atmosphere was great. United fans were chanting and singing non stop, and we never heard the saints fans at all til after their second goal went in, when we totally shut up.

The only thing was the sound was pretty poor. When a chant or song started in the Lisbon lions, and the north stand joined in, they seemed totally out of time with each other.

I thought it was really poor that United fans didn't stay to watch Saints lift the cup, and as for the wheens of folk who left before the end...... That's bad enough at any regular match, but a cup final? Jist Naw!!!

Another thing I thought was poor was the camera on McKays chest which showed the scenes as they lifted the cup. Why the hell did they not have the podium directly opposite the saints fans, so you could see them going mental as the cup was lifted? I know it was opposite the gantry, but cameras are mobile these days FFS!!! Instead, we got a view of half a dozen united fans. That was rubbish.

Yeh I was a bit disappoint at the United fans for not staying as they're normally better than that. Was a nice touch the Saints fans applauding the United team up to collect their medals.

I said exactly the same regarding the podium position........you can always trust the SFA to fcuk things up I suppose! :P

Well done St Johnstone.

Looking forward to seeing the clips of your parade today.

As an aside, it was nice to see some DU fans stay behind and applaud St J lifting the cup. As did the whole Utd team. More than can be said for the players of hibs in 2012 who slunk away down the tunnel like the rats they are.

Just read the part of this thread, from the kick off to the final whistle.

I was willing the final whistle to go, just reading it.

I'm still a flippin nervous wreck.

What a day, what a performance.

Tough luck United, it just wasn't your day.

Guess I'll have to change my sig now.

"Gloryhunter in waiting" no more.

Hope the Saints fans enjoyed their evening, there's nothing quite like celebrating a cup win, especially your first. The whole build up to this game reminded me of our 1994 final when there was just a general feeling it was "our time" to win it, only this time in St Johnstone's favour.

A few thoughts on the game itself, not that it really matters in a cup win! I was just hoping that we matched Saints for effort which for the most part we did, but it was one of those days when we just got no luck and everything fell into place for them. The one off the bar was unbelievable - how many times do you see that bounce off the keeper and in? This was the moment I think everyone realised it wasn't going to be our day, before more comedy bad luck with that rebound playing the perfect through ball for the 2nd goal.

I was raging when the first goal went in as I had just said to my mate 'here we go, last kick of the half, unchallenged header'. If we had gone in 0-0 then I would have been quietly confident for the 2nd half after putting Saints under a bit of pressure in the latter part of the 1st, but the goal killed all optimism. Barring a few moments of excitement, the 2nd half just seemed to be an endless succession of throw-ins and free kicks breaking up the game.

Tommy Wright has obviously had us worked out this season and it's disappointing that McNamara seemed to expect a different result with the same team and tactics which have been so ineffective against Saints previously. Hopefully he has at least learned from it for next season. Overall can't complain about the season we've had - 4th place, a cup final and some great results and entertainment. I think we're just a defender or two away from getting it right.

Well done again Saints and good luck in Europe :)

Think it's a bit of a kick in the teeth to the United fans that the majority of United's squad were out at Liquid last night. Rather disrespectful IMO.

Really?

It's the end of a season. They have had a better season than most of us regular attenders at Tannadice had hoped for. Most of us probably expected a bottom 6 finish this year.

They've achieved fourth place in the league, got to the scottish cup final and have a great team to build on next season.

I, for one, don't grudge the lads a night out on the lash. They're not rubbing our faces in it. They're not disrespecting us.

They put in 100% effort yesterday, it just wasn't our day. St. Johnstone players were on form, they took their chances, their tactics were spot on, and they beat us fairly and squarely. It won't make me think twice about renewing my season ticket

How many of us go out for a few drinks when we break off on holiday?

Can I just add its incredibly hilarious seeing the Dundee fans all over this thread, the amount of them that seem to be trying to muscle into the celebrations is cringey to the extreme. You'd almost forget they have their own trophy to celebrate the way they seem to solely be talking about this Final now

No problem with the squad going out, it is the end of the domestic season we all do the same when we go on our holidays from work even if we've had a shit time of it! They maybe could have put some money together to organise to go somewhere else rather than Dundee though, it gives idiots ammunition to do the whole "fucking disgrace these guys are out!!" patter, and I wouldn't have trusted many of our fans on the evidence of yesterday.

Congratulations St Johnstone, must've been absolutely incredible when MacLean scored the winner - loved the celebration too.

Thought Dundee United were desperately unlucky but sometimes a team gets all the luck on the day in a Cup final. And you can hardly begrudge it to St Johnstone.

Great reactions from loads of other teams/posters on here! :)

What a day it was.

UTD keeper appeared to get injured at the 2nd goal. Is he ok? ;)

Hey, don't mock him. The bruising his pride took will take ages to heal...

Tottaly this^^^^^^ Celtic or the old Rangers (RIP) will never understand how this feels as to them its just run of the mill stuff. Well done Saintees.

bang on post its great when rangers or celtic don't win it means more to teams like st johnstone

United team out in Liquid last night in their cup final suits. Buying £100 bottles of vodka and rubbing it in their own fans faces.

Scenes.

I don't have an issue with this. They're adults, it's the end of the season. Life goes on.

Hope you saintees are waking up with the best hangovers ...ever!

Right roaster in front of me yesterday, every time Utd got the ball/lost the ball/took a shot/made a tackle/shirked from a tackle,just anytime Utd done anything it was like he was about to explode with rage,then left as soon as the ball hit the net for the 2nd!! probably an armchair fan!!

In nearly 40 yrs of watching Utd, Ive still to see them lift the Scottish cup, missed 94,was protecting the fish in the North Sea,missed 2010 as was unemployed, :thumbsdown , but as a Utd fan,more than happy with the season we've had, 4th place and a cup final-brilliant ! Im well practiced in watching us lose cup finals in Glasgow :P

but hey ho, my time will come!

Well done Saintees, enjoy your parade and your euro trip ,please please do scotland proud!! :thumsup2:thumsup2