St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wasn't convinced by signing Wright on again. Now I don't care in the slightest, he's a big, loveable rogue. Long may he continue to troll opposition players and stand up for his team mates.

Theres something utterly loveable about the c**t, maybe its the way he just seems to casually wander about taking folk out and winning headers without ever really looking like he understands where he is, but theres just something about him I love.

As an aside did you stay awake for the game this time?

You can see the two opposite ends of the defensive spectrum when you look at guys like Wright and Anderson, proper no-nonsense defenders, and compare to Gavin Gunning, who tries cheeky flicks in advanced areas while 1-0 down in cup finals.

I wasn't convinced by signing Wright on again. Now I don't care in the slightest, he's a big, loveable rogue. Long may he continue to troll opposition players and stand up for his team mates.

Yeah Wright spent all game winding up Ciftci who decided he'd rather argue back than actually try and play any football, utterly superb mind games I reckon

Thats me just seen the Frazer Wright interview from after the match, that combined with the photo of him laughing in the background after Graham missed the chance at the end, its impossible to hate that man. Utter hero in every form

Maybe for Saintees. I personally think he's an absolute p***k but the type of p***k that might have won us the match and definitely the type of p***k we need in our defence for next season.

You can see the two opposite ends of the defensive spectrum when you look at guys like Wright and Anderson, proper no-nonsense defenders, and compare to Gavin Gunning, who tries cheeky flicks in advanced areas while 1-0 down in cup finals.

The funniest thing is Gunning is probably earning the most out of the three. I hope we get Anderson signed up pronto, since Duberry came in he's probably been one of the best defenders in the country, I worry that the Final will have upped the interest in him

Yeah Wright spent all game winding up Ciftci who decided he'd rather argue back than actually try and play any football, utterly superb mind games I reckon

Yeah, thing is he's not aggressive in the slightest and is by all accounts a very passive guy, so he's never going to actually get wound up back. He's brilliant.

Ohh and as for defenders doing fancy flicks in their own half. Did you not see Dave Mackay's outrageous drag back on the byline that completely bamboozled, Robertson I think. I was in stitches, but if he's buggered it up!!!

Maybe for Saintees. I personally think he's an absolute p***k but the type of p***k that might have won us the match and definitely the type of p***k we need in our defence for next season.

Aye without doubt, if he was an opposition player I'd be wanting free kicks every time he's going for a header, and the wind ups would possible annoy me. I just find it tremendous that in the biggest match in our history he starts laughing as we almost lose a goal as if it was some pre-season friendly, and then responds to all the patronising chat about us being "underdogs" and being a "one man team" and how if United played their best going forward we'd be beaten with the simplest of truths, said with his usual perplexed expression, with not a hint of humour in his voice

The funniest thing is Gunning is probably earning the most out of the three. I hope we get Anderson signed up pronto, since Duberry came in he's probably been one of the best defenders in the country, I worry that the Final will have upped the interest in him

Being an overpaid moron with a questionable attitude is probably why Rangers are favourites to sign him this summer.

Yeah, thing is he's not aggressive in the slightest and is by all accounts a very passive guy, so he's never going to actually get wound up back. He's brilliant.

Ohh and as for defenders doing fancy flicks in their own half. Did you not see Dave Mackay's outrageous drag back on the byline that completely bamboozled, Robertson I think. I was in stitches, but if he's buggered it up!!!

:lol: Yeah the amount of times he'll end up on the floor with some forward who gets straight up and runs to the ref screaming before deciding to try and square up to Wright is superb, especially as Wright just sort of stands there looking bemused as players (usually Anderson) get inbetween the two players

:lol: Yeah the amount of times he'll end up on the floor with some forward who gets straight up and runs to the ref screaming before deciding to try and square up to Wright is superb, especially as Wright just sort of stands there looking bemused as players (usually Anderson) get inbetween the two players

Right all of this has driven me to adopt Wright as my new avatar!!

It's when he gets involved in the celebrations that are the best. He thinks, f**k it I'm gonna jump on you all!

Has anyone been able to get the cup off Cuptie yet? :lol

Very chuffed for him. I'm watching the highlights (for the 3rd time) macleans celebration was probably the best example of not knowing what the f**k to do. Ormonds saints have just been eclipsed completely

Right all of this has driven me to adopt Wright as my new avatar!!

It's when he gets involved in the celebrations that are the best. He thinks, f**k it I'm gonna jump on you all!

Yass!!

Yeah he's far better at celebrating than Anderson, who looks like someone from the 70s who would quite happily just run back to his position and possibly applaud a little

Yass!!

Yeah he's far better at celebrating than Anderson, who looks like someone from the 70s who would quite happily just run back to his position and possibly applaud a little

Aye Ando's one handed fist pump. :lol:

Whereas Wrights against Forfar was a perfect example of how good he is. Basically stood there and went 'Yassss' whilst looking like the Hulk.

Well done to the Perth saints I hope you had a great day/nighy. I'll bet there's a,few sore heads in Perth today

Never mind Perth, I went into work still half cut. First pint poured was interesting. :lol:

Ciftci was getting noticeably frustrated with the lack of anyone managing to put 3 passes together. In the 1st half in particular he was winning everything in the air against the defenders and bringing it down but time and again it came to nothing after he laid it off.

If Wright was trying to wind him up he must try harder, it's usually easy :lol: