Business / corporate speak nonsense

Have you reminded them of the dental torture scene in Marathon Man?

Reminds me of an email that went around the staff of a newspaper I worked at some years ago, requesting suggestions for ways to 'monetise our internet presence'.

I do feel the urge to shit when I see words like that.

I recall being at PT meetings at a certain Aberdeen school where we were regularly informed to "cascade this" and ensure "the information stream" was kept flowing.

Oh, and when they started trying to implement CfL (about 18 months after my previous school had actually managed it) there were all sorts of "Learning outcomes" (tests)

On a project just now as a finance partner and the project manager keeps talking about the RAG status of outstanding issues. She just wants everything to be described as Red, Amber or Green. It's most certainly corporate nonsense.

'What's the RAG Status of the work you've got to do?'

I'd like to know what kind of job you were after and what things they were asking that led them to the "passion for insights" conclusion. WTF does that even mean?

I don't know either but I've got their email

letsworktogether@insightwithpassion.co.uk

http://www.insightwithpassion.co.uk/

One of the guys in our office phoned in this morning saying that he and his pregnant wife were off to hospital as her contractions had started. Boss hangs up the phone and let's everyone know then says "He'll probably be back in tomorrow, it'll just be the Branston Kicks".

Tea everywhere.

Back to work today after a week off.

Going to try and avoid all contact with anyone today if possible. I can't take any business bullshit talk today.

Can't sit in your silo all day mate, you need to participate in engagement