Business / corporate speak nonsense

• 2 weeks later...

'Resilience' is doing the rounds at my work at the moment. Resilience Planning seems to be trying to keep the place going with less people.

I suppose it's good to know our senior management team at least recognise that the place is on the downward spiral.

Edited by Scary Bear

'Resilience' is doing the rounds at my work at the moment. Resilience Planning seems to be trying to keep the place going with less people.

I suppose it's good to know our senior management team at least recognise that the place is on the downward spiral.

"challenging conditions giving opportunities to maximise personal contributions to core business interfaces"

Spoke to a colleague this morning and received an email later "was good to touch base this morning, I feel we skirmished out a way forward"

You definitely need to reply with just" the actual f**k?". Letting these fuckers away with it just encourages them.

Going to a "Resilience training workshop" in a couple of weeks.

Saw an e-mail a colleague received "This problem has now escalated to me.. - Can we get a work around resolution..."

People would have to work at getting this sort of sh+1t into their vocabulary, it seems an enormous amount of work. Why not say "This problem has been brought to my attention... can you please sort it".

Saw an e-mail a colleague received "This problem has now escalated to me.. - Can we get a work around resolution..."

People would have to work at getting this sort of sh+1t into their vocabulary, it seems an enormous amount of work. Why not say "This problem has been brought to my attention... can you please sort it".

Maybe he wants a reach around but doesn't know the correct terminology. The dirty bugger.

He should watch Full Metal Jacket.

Edited by Scary Bear

Going through "resilience training" at the moment. Biggest pile of pish I've ever attended. I'm privileged to work with very intelligent people who concur with my assessment. The sinister thing about it is when anyone doesn't understand any aspect of the programme( which is quite often) the trainer adopts a Thatcherite stance by trying to convince us that there is something wrong with us rather than modifying the session. We have to watch out for our icebergs and be careful of what lights our fires. How we got this far in life without these principles is a miracle really.

Going through "resilience training" at the moment. Biggest pile of pish I've ever attended. I'm privileged to work with very intelligent people who concur with my assessment. The sinister thing about it is when anyone doesn't understand any aspect of the programme( which is quite often) the trainer adopts a Thatcherite stance by trying to convince us that there is something wrong with us rather than modifying the session. We have to watch out for our icebergs and be careful of what lights our fires. How we got this far in life without these principles is a miracle really.

I've got through this in my work too although nothing about icebergs or anything, in fact I quite enjoyed mine.

Resilience and pillars are the 2016 watch words - I've heard it a lot and not just inside my work.