Business / corporate speak nonsense

Have used a few Kind Regards' in my time. Honestly didn't realise I was being one of these wanks. We endeavour to action that behaviour point going forward.

My boss has a habit of not only using half this shite but mixing in some contrived "normal speak" every time he's talking to someone from the west coast.

All kinds of MBA shit getting launched about then turns to Barry the IT guy from Paisley with an out of nowhere "Bit eh a fight willny worry us but, bein tough old lads fae Glesssca no?"

make-it-stop-o.gif

All kinds of MBA shit getting launched about then turns to Barry the IT guy from Paisley with an out of nowhere "Bit eh a fight willny worry us but, bein tough old lads fae Glesssca no?"

I was in a meeting once where this happened. Just usual back and forth, and then one guy says "Aye, bit we kin only pish wi the coak wuv goat".

Mmmm... yehhp.

Once, when I'd already handed in notice to work that I was going to go be a teacher, I was at a company "big meet"

I delightfully volunteered to be spokesman for our group (nothing to lose eh?) and made the comment on one aspect of change they wanted to introduce that we were "as happy as a dog with two cocks" about this.

The MD, after this, was offering me more money and promotion to stay! Apparently he "Wanted guys like this on my team"

Have used a few Kind Regards' in my time. Honestly didn't realise I was being one of these wanks. We endeavour to action that behaviour point going forward.

My boss has a habit of not only using half this shite but mixing in some contrived "normal speak" every time he's talking to someone from the west coast.

make-it-stop-o.gif

You forgot "big man". Or is that another thread.

My new pet is "that way lies dragons" used in the context that the risks of doing something are high that you'll make an absolute c**t of it or that you'll just make things worse than they already.

JUMP THE CHASM!

Had an interview for a company at Stirling Uni. Think it was lifescan or something. They made us do all sorts of tests like maths, English and making paper aeroplanes in a group. This was a disaster as in every group one loud p***k just spoke over everyone else. Anyway they gave a presentation about how some people are elephants and some are lions. It was at this point where I made the decision to leave straight after the free lunch before the team building exercises.

Turns out the job was building bits of plastic kits all day for the labs.

Lucky escape that one.

I remember being in a design meeting a few years back when our rough arsed Contracts Manager turned round to the female Consultant Engineer and said "I've got one of you at home and she gets a good fcuking when she has too much to say as well"

He was asked to leave said meeting.

I remember being in a design meeting a few years back when our rough arsed Contracts Manager turned round to the female Consultant Engineer and said "I've got one of you at home and she gets a good fcuking when she has too much to say as well"

He was asked to leave said meeting.

If he'd said "Let's take this to bed for an interrogation" he'd be head of the firm by now.

If he'd said "Let's take this to bed for an interrogation" he'd be head of the firm by now.

Big Jonesie practically did anyway.......man was a fcuking lunatic! He threatened to take our entire workforce off the Project when the Main Contractor wanted me removed from the job! :P

Big Jonesie practically did anyway.......man was a fcuking lunatic! He threatened to take our entire workforce off the Project when the Main Contractor wanted me removed from the job! :P

Good for him - you need your boss/superior to stick up for his staff.

Good for him - you need your boss/superior to stick up for his staff.

Absolutely.

I loved working for that Company......the motto was "work hard play hard"......remember being on a Christmas night out where all merry hell broke out with punches thrown and the Project QS was thrown down some pub stairs by our Company owner! :lol:

The previous Christmas do saw the Foreman (on another Project) put both the Main Contractors engineers in hospital! :P

Those were the days!

Absolutely.

I loved working for that Company......the motto was "work hard play hard"......remember being on a Christmas night out where all merry hell broke out with punches thrown and the Project QS was thrown down some pub stairs by our Company owner! :lol:

The previous Christmas do saw the Foreman (on another Project) put both the Main Contractors engineers in hospital! :P

Those were the days!

Sounds verbatim like our Christmas party in December. The 'work hard play hard' bit too regarding the company.