New Strips for 2014/15

Was it a good game? Did we win? Did Magennis win a high ball... Or even jump to try and win one?

Thanks in advance!

Magennis certainly tried, I'll give him that. He's great at jumping ten feet into the air about five seconds too early.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's quite nice actually. A real hard wearing football top, plain and simple for playing football in. Better than all this fancy flashy skin tight shite in my opinion.

Also better than the St Mirren one. :thumbsdown

Maybe we would sell many If the tops were actually fucking good. Joma are absolute no marks when it comes manufacturing companies. At least with Nike, Adidas, Puma A and Umbro you have a good idea of what to expect. I'm sick of Saints using shite companies. I haven't seen a top yet that's made me properly go "WOW, that's getting bought." Anyone know when our contract with Joma is up?

Is there actually anything different about the cup final top other than the stitching? Sare yin for those that pre ordered it before they'd even seen it :lol:

At least Joma's tops are wearable. I bought that rank surridge sport effort from when we first went up. Was actually glad when the big white sponsor that looked like it was made in word art started peeling of after the 3rd wash.

Our joma deal is up after the 14/15 season I believe.

I remember back when the whole leagues tops were either TGF or Xara. Surridge were fucking shite, those tops ended up getting worn on building sites and never made a 5's appearance.

Wouldn't mind getting puma or Adidas lines up soon. Especially when a no-mark club like hibs has puma

Motherwell have got two very nice strips for next season.

The St Mirren one is just awful, the sponsor manages to make it worse.

Isn't it the club the guides Cabrini, they come up with the templates and the club decides which one to go for. What were the other ones like if that was the best.

I expect our strips will be unveiled this coming week.

Isn't it the club the guides Cabrini, they come up with the templates and the club decides which one to go for. What were the other ones like if that was the best.

I'm assuming our deal is the same as St Mirren's. I await our new kit with trepidation.

10314764_764969220214191_904179179560528

Fuller view of it there.

My main gripe with Joma is the shade we're lumped with. It's far too light for a royal blue.

The cup final top is uninspiring but what do you expect given the time scale. We've obviously just been given another of their stock blue collection that we haven't used yet. We're in no position to dictate a bespoke strip at two weeks notice.

One positive to take from it is I expect we won't be seeing this particular design as our strip next season.

I've lost count the amount of times I've posted this - JD Sports have the rights to produce kits that can come out under three different guises - Fila, Diadora, and Carbrini. The kits are manufactured at their China plant, and there are no templates. JD Sports plant can manufacture 100% fully bespoke kits to clubs' exact specifications.

So, whatever you ask JD Sports to produce for you - they will. When I designed our 2012/13 kits, I asked for a round collar on the home kit, a V neck on the away kit, and a collar on the third kit. The home kit had 25mm wide black and white stripes (same width as our 1977 Fergie's Furies side), and the shorts and socks to be plain with a single black pinstripe. The red horizontal stripe on the all-black away kit was produced to the exact width I asked for, and the third kit was a homage to our original scarlet and blue hoops.

Anything I asked for, they could do it. Want pink with yellow polka dots? They could do it.

Down to the very last detail, everything was bespoke for St Mirren, so should be the same for any JD Sports supplied club. In regard to our new home kit - I have no idea if the design came entirely from JD Sports in-house designers, or if it came from our general manager Brian Caldwell, our commercial manager Campbell Kennedy, the directors, or maybe a combination of JDs in-house designers and someone in the club.

With Richard Atkinson and myself no longer involved, it's anyone's guess who was or wasn't involved this time.

Hearts' new strip has set a new record for the club in pre-orders. Actually, it has done the previous record ten-fold. 4000 to the previous 400.

~£180,000 made before the strip has even went on general sale.

First edition of the kit was auctioned today for £2,015 according to JKB.

Archived