Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friday Night Football under Firhill Floodlights - Again.

Thistle v St Mirren moved from 31st January, to Friday 30th January, 7.45pm kickoff.

Will be shown live on BT sport.

That means both our home games this season v St Mirren have been shifted to Friday nights.

Praying for a better game and result than the day-after-the-referendum game.

I was doing my usual nosey on the internet when I discovered this on Dundee United's website

" This game is included within the season ticket holders’ reciprocal agreement and season ticket holders should use Voucher C to gain discounted entry.

Details are as follows:-

Dundee United adult season ticket holders – £15
Dundee United U-18 season ticket holders – free (including U-12 season ticket holders)

Normal admission prices are

£22 – Adults
£15 -Concessions
£5 U-16s"

I'm presuming this means that when we visit Tannadice in February our season ticket holders will get in for £15 and free.

I was doing my usual nosey on the internet when I discovered this on Dundee United's website

" This game is included within the season ticket holders’ reciprocal agreement and season ticket holders should use Voucher C to gain discounted entry.

Details are as follows:-

Dundee United adult season ticket holders – £15

Dundee United U-18 season ticket holders – free (including U-12 season ticket holders)

Normal admission prices are

£22 – Adults

£15 -Concessions

£5 U-16s"

I'm presuming this means that when we visit Tannadice in February our season ticket holders will get in for £15 and free.

Great initiative. Might shift a few more half season tickets if a couple more clubs get involved?

STV have Scully as one of their 15 to watch in 2015.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/303792-fifteen-for-15-teenage-keeper-ryan-scully-raises-the-bar-in-fife/

By the sounds of Gallacher there it might be the plan is for him to go to the Championship next season before pushing for a first team place at Thistle. I was surprised we didn't loan him to a Championship team this season instead of going back to a level we already know he's capable of playing at.

TBH I was never too impressed with him so it sounds like he's improved massively.

Well, they matter to Ryan. I watched him in goal against QoS in a game at Glasgow Green a few years back. He's got the makings of a good, vocal and aggressive keeper.

Dearesr Partick Thistle supporters,

First off I hope you have a most enjoyable festive period. I have you in a wager to finish above Hamilton Academical so if you could kindly increase your points total I would be most grateful. And now, 3 questions if I may?

(That wasn't my first question)

Upon watching your highlights today on the BBC sport app of your humping of the Calley Jags, I noticed that the tattoo addict himself managed to bag himself a couple of goals. How have his performances been? Frustrating inconsistent by any chance?

Question two is how old is Paul Gallacher? Feels like he's been around for donkies! Is he now your regular number one in front of Fox in the box? Made some good saves on Saturday.

Final tell me about the Princes time at you guys if you will. The guy is playing out his skin at us and now has a three year deal to show for his efforts. Seems incredible given that his career seemed to be falling away at Carlisle then yourselves. How did he perform with you?

Thank you for taking the time out to read this post and I hope that one of you will find the time to respond to me.

Kind Regards

Jambo Stu

Stevo always put in a shift up front but it's only recently things seem to have clicked for him, don't know wether he's only now fully fit or just taking a while to adjust to playing as a lone striker. Think Galls is 35? Can't believe he was rotting on the County bench before we signed him, still a top keeper, got a few more years in him so he says. As for Buaben, he was meant to do the job that Abdul Osman is doing for us this season, but never seemed up to it. Don't think it's a coincidence he's doing so well now he's in a lower league. Suppose we'll see how he does when you get promoted

Dearesr Partick Thistle supporters,

First off I hope you have a most enjoyable festive period. I have you in a wager to finish above Hamilton Academical so if you could kindly increase your points total I would be most grateful. And now, 3 questions if I may?

(That wasn't my first question)

Upon watching your highlights today on the BBC sport app of your humping of the Calley Jags, I noticed that the tattoo addict himself managed to bag himself a couple of goals. How have his performances been? Frustrating inconsistent by any chance?

Question two is how old is Paul Gallacher? Feels like he's been around for donkies! Is he now your regular number one in front of Fox in the box? Made some good saves on Saturday.

Final tell me about the Princes time at you guys if you will. The guy is playing out his skin at us and now has a three year deal to show for his efforts. Seems incredible given that his career seemed to be falling away at Carlisle then yourselves. How did he perform with you?

Thank you for taking the time out to read this post and I hope that one of you will find the time to respond to me.

Kind Regards

Jambo Stu

Hi Stuart

Stevenson started off poorly, to the point where he was dropped for a few games. He has come back into the team and score 4 in 3 games. Career history would suggest this good form will persist for a couple more games then revert to his original form. He's also playing as a striker which I don't think is his best position but if he keeps up the recent form we can't argue.

Gallacher is 35 according to the website "Google".

Buaben was OK for us, seemed to split the fans though- a lot of folk thought he was rubbish. I think we didn't play him in the best role, we tried to play him as a #10 most of the time but I preferred him playing a bit deeper. He does seem to have found his feet at Hearts, think the linkup with Levein and Gomis has brought the best out of him.

I liked Buaben but wasn't too worried when he left. He wasn't irreplaceable for us; he had came in and had a couple of great matches but the rest were average. Good to see him doing well at Hearts but if you offered him back to us in a swap with Osman I'd keep Osman to be honest. So it's worked out for all of us.

Stevenson wasn't good for us at the start of the season. I always retained a bit of belief that he'd come good, but when he came on at Tannadice for the last 15 he was absolutely stinking and to me looked like he'd chucked it. So well done to him for turning it around. Still not sure abut him being our number one striker, however.

I feel more comfortable with Gallacher in goals but Fox is still a good keeper. I'd hope Scully will be our number one the season after next though - Gallacher can continue for another season after this.

We shall finish above the diddies of Hamilton.

Stevo was consistently poor for quite a bit. He's obviously been working hard as the last few games I've felt he's done well. At times he was getting poor service. It's clicked for him in a couple of games and he was imperious against Inverness last weekend.

Galls is a very good keeper. I feel Fox is one too but lost his place due to injury. He was doing pretty well imo and had claimed more shutouts than last season in a few games.

I liked Prince and I think his running created a lot of space for us in the latter half of last season.

He would probably have done a good job for us this season although Gary Fraser is starting to do well in the #10/ advanced midfield role after injury.

I think Higgy went over the suspension mark for 6 bookings yesterday, if so he'll be suspended for the Dundee Utd game.

Thought Seaborne might be close as well but yesterday was only his 3rd in the league.

Higginbotham did. A good game for him to miss given that it's not a game we're expected to win. I don't think he's re-captured his form since his injury.

Elliott, Bannigan and Osman are on 4 bookings each so I think they are next to the six card suspension.

I'm going to get a ticket for the Celtic game, and since I no longer have a season ticket and my mate does, I won't be able to get a ticket next to him. Are the seat numbers generally adhered to, or is it the same case as in the North Stand where people just go where they want?

I'm going to get a ticket for the Celtic game, and since I no longer have a season ticket and my mate does, I won't be able to get a ticket next to him. Are the seat numbers generally adhered to, or is it the same case as in the North Stand where people just go where they want?

I'd imagine people will try sit in their allocated seat for the celtic game, but if your mate doesn't mind moving you'd probably get a couple of seats together at the south end of the JHS.

Archived