Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

I think he's been unlucky to an extent that, unlike Balatoni, he's never really had the opportunity to play alongside a dependable centre half like Seaborne or Frans, or even Mair last season. I still don't think there's much at all between he and Conrad, he was undoubtedly better in the promotion season anyway.

Nonetheless he's had enough chances to prove himself and hasn't taken enough of them, I said about a year ago he'd end up at Queens and I still think he will. Seeing as he was 4th preferred centre back I think it would be a waste of a wage to directly replace him, it would probably be best just to have Lindsay or something on standby.

15671124QOS-v-Thistle-head-butting-1-181

Good luck Aaron.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falkirk or Carlisle for Muirhead. More likely to be Falkirk as he's recently moved in with his fiancee in Glasgow. One other English club in for him, the name of which escapes me.

Disappointing but not surprising. Hope he gets his confidence back and does well wherever he ends up. I don't see the point in signing another CB. Frans, Seaborne, Balatoni, Lindsey and Keenan/BRE who are out on loan should be more than sufficient. It frees up a wage which can be spent elsewhere.

Edit- He just wasn't performing well enough. No idea what happened.

Any of you guys tell me what happened with Muirhead ? Seemed to be doing well then out of the picture completely .

Injured end of last season. Supposedly misdiagnosis and needed a knee operation in the close season. Once of those clean-up ones.

Rumours that he felt not getting his chance while Balatoni played most weeks.

Was looking to get a loan move down south but Archibald was against this as no recall facility.

Was fourth/fifth choice so no point keeping the lad when he could be getting much needed games.

He'll be a good signing for someone. Maybe not ready for Premiership week in week out at the moment but would do a good job in championship or lower level in England.

Any of you guys tell me what happened with Muirhead ? Seemed to be doing well then out of the picture completely .

He just struggled with the step up through a combination of poor form and injury. There's an argument that he's been unlucky with injury and then despite the partnership of Muirhead and Balatoni struggling as a whole Archie paired Balatoni with the more experienced Mair then Seaborne whilst Muirhead wasn't given that opportunity.

He probably just needs to drop back down a level to get games before making another attempt at coming back up. He strolled the first division in his first full season as a central defender and playing full time, it seems it might just have been too much of a jump from 3rd division part time full back to Premier League central defender in the space of just over a year for him.

Always thought Muirhead was under appreciated. Through injuries he was unlucky and could never get a consistent run going after the 2012-13 season champ winning season. If he can get back fit then he'll be a good center back for someone.

Wonderful stuff with the pies. Your club is an absolute class act. Now if you can share that around the rest of the glasgow clubs Scottish football would be a much better place.

Unlikely, so I guess i'll make do with you winning the rearranged fixture. Ta very much! :D

Archived