Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonderful stuff with the pies. Your club is an absolute class act. Now if you can share that around the rest of the glasgow clubs Scottish football would be a much better place.

Unlikely, so I guess i'll make do with you winning the rearranged fixture. Ta very much! :D

Nice one Thistle, touch of class right there.

I had absolutely no idea it was for that. If so that's superb. Forgotten what it had looked like and came across these, grown fonder of PT away kits now it's safe to say :P

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1420160373.397233.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1420160381.866042.jpg

Feeling the love for Thistle.

Gives you that warm glow feeling, knowing the less needy (celtic fans mostly then) have had a warm glow in their stomachs tonight thanks to Glasgows Scottish Club.

I had absolutely no idea it was for that. If so that's superb. Forgotten what it had looked like and came across these, grown fonder of PT away kits now it's safe to say :P

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1420160373.397233.jpg ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1420160381.866042.jpg

The lassie that modelled this season's away strip is an absolute sort. Well worth a follow on twitter.

Ooohh errrr!

Wonderful stuff with the pies. Your club is an absolute class act. Now if you can share that around the rest of the glasgow clubs Scottish football would be a much better place.

Unlikely, so I guess i'll make do with you winning the rearranged fixture. Ta very much! :D

It is a tough ask given what we are up against in Glasgow (and across Scotland, as every town suffers from the two arse cheeks (traveling and armchair)), but with Kids go Free, a relatively young youth setup coming on leaps and bounds, our breast cancer links, and countless other cuddly gestures, we are trying and making some positive progress. But when you look at the mutants who support either of the arse cheeks, you have to ask yourself would you want any of them in your support?

If we win the rearranged fixture, the deal is we beat you 3-1 again, this time at Pittodrie in April? OK? :guinness

Stuart Bannigan will miss the Hamilton Accies game having accumulated his sixth yellow card of the season.

Dunfield will be missing for County against us next week pending any appeal.

McFadden will be suspended for St. Js game against us in two weeks due to Celtic's winter break.

Martin Canning will miss the Accies game against us due to also picking up six bookings.

Suspension central!

Anyone else of the opinion that Higgy isn't necessarily an automatic pick now his suspension is up?

Obviously, the injury situation will determine this.

He shouldn't be, not in his current form. On top form he'd be the first player on the team sheet every week, but at present both lawless and elliott are performing better than him and should be our starting wingers vs county at the very least. I'm not convinced Mcdaid is ready to be starting week in week out so I'd take Higgy over him just now but unless he picks up he could find himself making appearances from the bench mainly.

He shouldn't be, not in his current form. On top form he'd be the first player on the team sheet every week, but at present both lawless and elliott are performing better than him and should be our starting wingers vs county at the very least. I'm not convinced Mcdaid is ready to be starting week in week out so I'd take Higgy over him just now but unless he picks up he could find himself making appearances from the bench mainly.

If Lawless is on the bench next week, you've really got to question Archie's judgement of the guy.

The front 4 were all excellent yesterday, all of them playing fluidly, frequently changing positions to drag the Utd defence all over the place.

Depending on whether Christie is available, i'd play Lawless, Stevo and him off Doolan.

Christie might offer a bit more defensively, but I'm still of the opinion that an off-form Higgy is more of an attacking threat. It's apparent in our case that attack is very much the best form of defence so I'd start him. Reckon the main question posed by yesterday's performance is who's the best central midfield pairing? Bannigan was back to his best, while Fraser, despite suffering from illness, was pinging around 30/40 yard balls for fun - it seemed to be the 5-yard passes that were a problem. Who of those two would you drop for Osman, if any?

Christie might offer a bit more defensively, but I'm still of the opinion that an off-form Higgy is more of an attacking threat. It's apparent in our case that attack is very much the best form of defence so I'd start him. Reckon the main question posed by yesterday's performance is who's the best central midfield pairing? Bannigan was back to his best, while Fraser, despite suffering from illness, was pinging around 30/40 yard balls for fun - it seemed to be the 5-yard passes that were a problem. Who of those two would you drop for Osman, if any?

Depending on fitness obviously, but I'm a big fan of Fraser and so if it were to be either of them dropped for osman it'd be Bannigan for me, although I can see Archie sticking stevo back up front and dropping Doolan to bring osman back in. However, as with higgy, I don't think that osman should be an automatic pick in the team, and if the midfield 3 can keep performing as they did yesterday he could find it tough getting back into the team until Bannigans inevitable ban.

Tough one if all on form, I don't think we can afford to drop Osman, there were too many games in the second half of last year where a defensive midfield pairing of Fraser and Bannigan got overrun. Fraser obviously gives you the better attacking threat from deep but also gives you the possibility of losing the ball in hellish areas quite a lot. Bannigan will hold the ball better in dangerous areas but isn't going to create as much. I think if everyone's fit and firing then my guess at our strongest team would be:

Gallacher

SOD-Frans-Seaborne-McMillan

Osman-Fraser

Lawless-Stevenson-Higgy

Doolan

Chances of ever seeing that team play together- almost zero.

For Saturday it'll come down to who is fittest of the ones missing from yesterday, can't imagine too many of the injuries will have cleared up but hopefully the guys with manflu are back and Christ knows what the deal with McMillan is- I'm sure rumours are starting to float about.

^^^
That would be my first choice.

I admit I was 100% wrong on Stevenson and his attitude. He's been first class recently and he'd be the first name on my team sheet.

Does anyone on here know what's wrong with McMillan?

Anyone else of the opinion that Higgy isn't necessarily an automatic pick now his suspension is up?

Obviously, the injury situation will determine this.

Agreed.

Archived