The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

What frustrates me here is the fact that we did the majority of our business on the last day, and when we've come across an issue trying to get a player in we haven't had the time to discuss and negotiate to try and get the transfer completed or else look at other options.

On the face of it, with only goals considered, Church doesn't look like he has much about him, but you don't get 33 caps for your country without bringing something to the table, so I assume he is a player who works hard. If he runs the channels and has a bit of pace, then he could help us up top as those are attributes Rooney doesn't possess. We might find that he can link up with Rooney and, if he does, we may have a solution to the games we find ourselves struggling to win where the opposing team sit deep

It has been a poor window. I don't care that things are better than they were 5 years ago, I don't see how that's relevant at all. We are weaker in goals and in defence than we were on January 1st. Our midfield has not been strengthened when it clearly needs to be - Jack and Flood are out for a while, Robson is not rated by McInnes and seems done at this level, and so we have two players capable of being played in centre mid - McLean and the inexperienced Storie. Even if we had signed Tansey I'd be asking questions.

The one positive to take is that Goodwillie is gone and Church, on paper, is a better player. Time will tell how that works out.

I do advocate playing youth players where necessary, but do we even have any notable youth fullbacks?

Hearts and Celtic have strengthened, we have not. That's the most disappointing part of the window.

So you are moaning about lack of centre mids but would moan if tansey had signed?

Who do you think we should have signed that is available on a free transfer and would improve our midfield?

I would have been concerned that we still failed to address our severe lack of defensive options, I should've been clearer.

That isn't my job - why are you limiting the criteria to free transfers though when we were clearly willing to pay a fee for Tansey, by all accounts?

Edited by Alex_14

Last night I was desperate for Tansey to sign but looking back I think I was just caught up in the hype.

I get the feeling Tansey wasn't our first choice. If we were waiting for a County player after the semi then perhaps they decided they'd rather stay and play the final.

Church ain't too bad, at least he's a fresh face as Goodwillie clearly didn't fancy staying anymore.

We'll see tomorrow night if we have the................ BOTTLE for a challenge!!

BOTTLE!!

Looking forward to tomorrow anyhow. It will be interesting to see how Storie stands up to the test, he's a battler and I hope he is able to deal with the antics of Scott Brown, if he plays. I'm not concerned about their Scott Brown at all, he's not match fit in the slightest but the way he manages the referee is ridiculous and with Quinn gone we don't have a single player that will get in the referee's face.

Tansey allegedly has a release cause which is why we were willing to pay a fee for a player that ICT clearly value higher than that. Who else do you think would improve our team and would be available for that kind of money?

As usual, people greeting about things then when asked for sensible suggestions you get answers like "its not my job".

You just seem very pleased about Aberdeen in all respects. Questions are there to be asked. Stop with the smarmy shite, it's just boring.

I am not aware of every single player's contract and their release clauses, so again I shall stress, it isn't my job and how the f**k am I supposed to know about release clauses ffs :lol:. Did you know Tansey had a release clause before yesterday? I'd not heard of Shay Logan, Ash Taylor, Simon Church, Danny Ward et al. These players are out there, be it on loan or at the end of their contract. Yes, contracts don't end in January so the loan market would have been the place to look. We didn't capitalise on it.

I'd have liked us to go for Will Vaulks - contracted until May 2017. Does he have a release clause, Stan?

Are you deliberately being thick here? The club obviously had information about tanseys contract from somewhere which is why we made the bid. I'm asking you which players you think we could successfully bid a couple hundred thousand who would sign for us and improve the midfield. I'm not asking you about players contracts and release clauses.

I have no idea if Will Vaulks has a release clause, do you think his club value him at less than £200k?

Ah some more patronising nonsense.

Right, so you just want me to guess then? Great. I'd have liked us to pick up Don Cowie on a short term deal. Aside from that, I have other interests so haven't been scouring the free agent lists unfortunately. I have no idea what Falkirk value Vaulks at - they sold McGrandles for a deal worth £1m, but then Botto Biabi was sold for around 150k plus addons. Anyone's guess, isn't it Stan.

Tell me, are you happy with the club's dealings in January?

Don Cowie :lol:

So you want us to sign players, give an example of one you would like to see us sign, I ask you if he would be available for the kind of budget we are looking at (200k or less) and you start slavering on about botto biabi? :1eye

We have taken in an international player who can't be any worse than Goodwillie has been this season and we haven't lost anyone that would significantly weaken our team. We aren't throwing money at players for the sake of it so I'm fairly happy with it, yes. If we were still in both cups or Europe then it might be a different story. As it stands though we aren't so have budgeted and acted accordingly, it would seem.

Right, so I've given you an example and you laugh it off. That's fine, it's about opinions. Don Cowie is better than our current back up centre mid of nobody.

'slavering on', again, some more patronising nonsense. It clearly shows the prices Falkirk are willing to deal at. Is that so hard for you to understand or are you just acting a c**t? Vaulks is just an example, of which I'm sure there are many more. Not my job. I am not a scout. Are you?

I am truly shocked that you are supporting the actions of our club no matter what. Amazed. It's been a poor window and you are genuinely the only person I've encountered that thinks otherwise. I think you enjoy being different.

It's called managing expectations. You clearly have wildly different ones from me. We can't just sign players for the sake of it or go spending a million quid on Paul Bernard to keep folk like you happy when there's only the very slim chance of winning one competition this season.

No, I was actually hoping we'd spend ~£300M to bring Messi to Pittodrie.

Meh, very disappointing window. Del and Duncan Fraser have not covered themselves in glory, missing out on a number of targets, including Bannigan, Tansey and Greg Stewart. The board made the funds available, so credit where it is due there.

The positive is that McKenna, Smith and Storie are now up the pecking order, and I'd like to see what they can do for the rest of the season when appropriate. They will get chances at some stage, hopefully, and the latter two I am convinced will grab them and do well. Just a shame we couldn't get Rogers back to give him a half season and see if he's up to it.

Right, so I've given you an example and you laugh it off. That's fine, it's about opinions. Don Cowie is better than our current back up centre mid of nobody.

'slavering on', again, some more patronising nonsense. It clearly shows the prices Falkirk are willing to deal at. Is that so hard for you to understand or are you just acting a c**t? Vaulks is just an example, of which I'm sure there are many more. Not my job. I am not a scout. Are you?

I am truly shocked that you are supporting the actions of our club no matter what. Amazed. It's been a poor window and you are genuinely the only person I've encountered that thinks otherwise. I think you enjoy being different.

Seriously some of our support needs to chill out.

Not a great window but hardly the unmitigated disaster some seem it is. Greg Tansey is a clear example that it's not just a case of going out and spending money. Deals have to be right for all parties. We are shopping in a very tight market where improving our current first team within our budget is extremely difficult.

Seriously some of our support needs to chill out.

Not a great window but hardly the unmitigated disaster some seem it is. Greg Tansey is a clear example that it's not just a case of going out and spending money. Deals have to be right for all parties. We are shopping in a very tight market where improving our current first team within our budget is extremely difficult.

I'm perfectly mellow, trust me I don't get upset about football like I did when I was a kid growing up.

The Hayes thing, wtf :lol:.