The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Doesn't look too bad really, but always a risk moving out of town.
I haven't been following this topic, but why do Aberdeen have to leave/not develop Pittodrie?

Pittodrie is costing us a lot to maintain and there's very little space to re-develop 3 of the 4 stands on the same footprint without significantly reducing the capacity.

The club missed the boat in terms of acquiring land around the ground so this is probably our only option. The money from the sale of Pittodrie is also a major factor and I think we'd struggle to fund replacing three stands in a short space of time.

Standard Ikea flat pack stadium miles away from anything.

Enjoy [emoji4]

It looks so fucking shite. Zero character.

Why not even just make the stands different sizes or something simple like that? Copy a Tynecastle design or a Hibs design? Similar sizes. Been to both. Both fairly simple but both got a bit of character about them especially Tynecastle.

Why not even just make the stands different sizes or something simple like that? Copy a Tynecastle design or a Hibs design? Similar sizes. Been to both. Both fairly simple but both got a bit of character about them especially Tynecastle.

Well we've absolutely nailed the different sized stands aspect at Pittodrie. No point in moving now.

Will Tynecastle lose its character when it has 4 similar stands next season?

Well we've absolutely nailed the different sized stands aspect at Pittodrie. No point in moving now.

Will Tynecastle lose its character when it as 4 similar stands next season?

It won't have 4 similar stands. Main stand will be different. The steepness of the other 3 sides is what gives it that bit of character.

I don't know if you've been to ER but they've done a great job with the new stand. Been in it and the guys head infront of you when standing up is at your knees near enough. Very steep. 2 awkward looking stands behind the goals and then the main one, also different.

Tbf previous poster is correct it is a very basic photo and I suppose even Hibs and Hearts stadiums would maybe look similar if one of them was done.

Just feel like there's a lot of potential here to start from scratch and create something unique. Pittodrie is a cracking ground and it would be sad to see it replaced with a square bowl

It won't have 4 similar stands. Main stand will be different. The steepness of the other 3 sides is what gives it that bit of character.

I don't know if you've been to ER but they've done a great job with the new stand. Been in it and the guys head infront of you when standing up is at your knees near enough. Very steep. 2 awkward looking stands behind the goals and then the main one, also different.

Tbf previous poster is correct it is a very basic photo and I suppose even Hibs and Hearts stadiums would maybe look similar if one of them was done.

Just feel like there's a lot of potential here to start from scratch and create something unique. Pittodrie is a cracking ground and it would be sad to see it replaced with a square bowl

From what I've seen, the new Hearts stand looks incredibly similar to the rest of the ground. A very basic photo again though. fcbbda77b0a68d34bdc2f4ae86235c12.jpg

I've been to Easter Road several times and I agree they've done a very good job with their new stand. I'd say it's probably the best stadium in Scotland in a lot of ways. Used to have a good atmosphere when they had section 43 but not sure what it's like now.

It's too early to form any kind of opinion when they've only shown half of the stadium. We won't really know what it'll be like until the full proposal is released tomorrow so all this SoullessLegoBowl talk is premature imo. Can't really see anything wrong with the two pictures they've released today either.

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What's this "character" shite? "Tynecastle has steep stands which gives it it's character" - what nonsense.

It's an artist's impression of a stadium that doesn't exist.

38 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

There's many issues with the location but if the stadium looks like that, then fair play

I was a bit "that's shite" when I saw the steepness of the stands, but on closer inspection it looks like the picture has been "taken" (cobbled together) from the actual pittodrie south stand (seats and steps), so doesn't look very steep at all from this angle. The rest is computer generated and the stands look to be much steeper, also seems quite close to the pitch, not any further from the pitch than Pittodrie is now anyway.

161123_stadium_update_0.jpg

Away fans under the police control box? Section Y and safe standing under the big (pointless) screen.

Looks shite. Looks like absolutely any other bowl style stadium that is thrown up in England. It's also not big enough - should have shown a bit of ambition and went for 25,000. We all know Aberdeen have a huge fan base. Why not use this opportunity to get these fans on side, make this a massive deal and get more bums on seats.

They should have thrown in a mix of tiered and single tiered stands to make it look more interesting as well.

A lot of aggression towards the new stadium here.

Anyone going down the 'It's fucking shite' route is a drama queen. It looks fine, nothing spectacular but looks a decent stadium.

I'm more concerned about transport from the city, bars in the surrounding area and a safe standing section.