The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

35 minutes ago, McG said:

Is Craig Storie any good lads? I see he is being linked with us, don't know much about him.

Was on the fringes of the first team last season, looked OK to be fair to him.

No where to be seen this season.

Likes a drink....

Edited by shootingboots

8 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Perhaps bullying and harassing a member of staff who was suffering from depression at two separate clubs to the extent that the guy walked away from the game permanently has put employers off. 

I mean, maybe it's just me, but I think that's wrong.

47 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I notice Storie was in the youth side that lost 9-1.

He was poor today, given that he was, along with Scott Wright, our most experienced player. He really should have dominated that midfield today but didn't come close.

10 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

“I actually met Pep when myself and Jimmy Nicholl did a tour of European clubs after we lost our jobs at Aberdeen.

“He was still a player at Barca back then, but he couldn’t have been any nicer or more helpful when we went to the Camp Nou.

Calderwood was sacked in in May 2009.  By that point Pep had just won the treble as a manager of Barca and hadn't played for them since 2001 and retired in 2006.  Seems like a strange detail to get very wrong.

Calderwood was sacked in in May 2009.  By that point Pep had just won the treble as a manager of Barca and hadn't played for them since 2001 and retired in 2006.  Seems like a strange detail to get very wrong.

It was more likely just a bald Spaniard he met, but Jimmy is your typical Scottish tourist who probably didn't understand him.

"Hola, my name is Javier Fuendes Garcia"

"Pep Guardiola?"

"Haha, no, Javier Garcia"

"Pep"

"Goodbye"

"That was Pep eh"

"Aye boss"

On 12/20/2016 at 15:46, shootingboots said:

Aberdeen U20's 1 Motherwell U20's 9

I'm sorry Derek I don't know why I ever suggested giving youth a go.

I think the standard of the U20's has dropped a lot in the last 5 years and I think it is based on the time we dropped Reserves league. It really doesn't surprise me we don't play any youth players coming through along with a lot of other clubs.