The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

My bet on the next approach was Saints being willing to take one of your no hope reserves as a straight swap for McCart, tbh.

Happy for you to have Kennedy back, would almost pay Saints to take him.

2 hours ago, d31 said:

Not convinced speculate to accumulate is a convincing argument on an ok defender.

A winger or striker maybe more so

Jason Kerr would probably be worth it.

Good player, 24, and only 12 months left on his contract.

Consensus is £400k would be enough?

You can sign him up on a 3 year contract & sell him on for treble that in 18 months 

5 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Jason Kerr would probably be worth it.

Good player, 24, and only 12 months left on his contract.

Consensus is £400k would be enough?

You can sign him up on a 3 year contract & sell him on for treble that in 18 months 

I mean, hes apparently been approached by Bournemouth, so I'm not sure what appeal Aberdeen would hold. Theres literally nothing left for him to achieve in Scotland, and I'd guess once we're out of Europe he'll be away down South.

24 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Has anyone suggested a "pay as you play" contract for a serviceable but somewhat injury prone player yet? A classic of the genre. 

"Look at how well [vaguely successful player at another Scottish club] has done!  Why aren't Aberdeen scouting [obscure foreign league said player came from]?!"

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I mean, hes apparently been approached by Bournemouth, so I'm not sure what appeal Aberdeen would hold. Theres literally nothing left for him to achieve in Scotland, and I'd guess once we're out of Europe he'll be away down South.

Aye, I’d imagine you’re right. 

But if you don’t ask….

Jamie McCart is more realistic - he’s really only played in the top league consistently well for 1 season? 

He might move to a Scottish club that’ll pay more for a year or two, & if he keeps progressing, then head south.

Feel a bit for Saints as I think their team that did so well last season could be decimated this summer potentially. 

Edited by Thenorthernlight

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres literally nothing left for him to achieve in Scotland

When did Kerr win the league? 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

not sure what appeal Aberdeen would hold.

He has no doubt seen Ramirez on YouTube(the only metric of football ability that matters) and wants to be a part of the red revolution like the rest of the good guys.😉

9 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

When did Kerr win the league? 

I like him but he's not good enough to play in a title winning side.

It's not as if Aberdeen can offer that anyway.

5 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

What's the story with the Saintees? Some kind of fire sale* going on?

*Transfer window bingo classic

Good season + young players with 12 months left of their contract = lots of interest

On 01/07/2021 at 21:20, HarleyQuinn said:

Personally I believe we have strengthened over the current window. We've removed a lot of deadwood and added some good players. I anticipate us to complete our activity with the signing of a young loanee striker from England and a winger. 

We have also added what appears to be a few key additions to our coaching staff. Overall Aberdeen are attempting to modernise its approach in all areas of the club. I'm intrigued by Gunn's comments in regards to expanding our current markets in search of new players.

Many may disagree but Glass overall inherited a decent side (clearly devoid of confidence) from McInnes. I do believe that Glass' footballing philosophy will bring out the best in our group of players including the likes of Kennedy and Ojo.

I think we'll be more then fine next season and will reiterate my previous sentiments that Glass will pleasantly shock the majority of Aberdeen fans.

This optimistic chat doesn't sit well with me...

5 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Our opponents in 3 weeks BK HÄCKEN play AIK later today looking for a win to climb off the bottom of the table and cheer up their twitter gadgie after the Halmstads BK loss.😉

570097342_2021-07-0404_20_50-BKHckenonTwitter__Slut.https___t.co_axc6x9BRIZ__Twitterand3morepages.jpg.e6d2b5ec42bc140c99046d40f78124bd.jpg

Can watch this today if you have a Sky Bet account.