The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

So after that wait, I get this message.

image.thumb.png.d1a3c24eec570cf4ff5b6512bb7d5a08.png

Shambles?

Edit: Managed to buy a ticket eventually but it was a struggle. I needed to login again to get rid of the error then couldn't get a seat where I wanted because there are groups of 4, 2 or 1 in different parts of the south stand. My mate who I go to the football with tested positive for covid this morning so he's not coming along unless his PCR test comes up negative.

This better be short term only because I can see it putting a lot of folk off if this is the kind of fannying around you have to do to see a game of football.

Edited by Suspect Device

39 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Yeah must be too early for Gallagher. Have to imagine that's the starting lineup they planned to go with.

You wouldn’t have thought Gallagher would be that unfit?

I know he didn’t play for Scotland, but he’d have been in training up to the day before the Croatia game, which was only 3 weeks ago, so base fitness there.

But you have to assume most of today’s X1 will start? 
Ojo is bizarre. I think Glass likes Ferguson further forward so wants someone alongside Brown, but I’d have thought McGeouch would be a better shout. 

The squad badly lacks pace.

Think we’re about 3 players short, minimum.

14 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

This better be short term only because I can see it putting a lot of folk off if this is the kind of fannying around you have to do to see a game of football.

Been a season ticket holder for over 30 years but working in the meat industry I have to be really careful who I am near so unfortunately I will have to give the first few games a miss as really can't risk having to self isolate or fail a lateral flow test.

34 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

You wouldn’t have thought Gallagher would be that unfit?

I know he didn’t play for Scotland, but he’d have been in training up to the day before the Croatia game, which was only 3 weeks ago, so base fitness there.

But you have to assume most of today’s X1 will start? 
Ojo is bizarre. I think Glass likes Ferguson further forward so wants someone alongside Brown, but I’d have thought McGeouch would be a better shout. 

The squad badly lacks pace.

Think we’re about 3 players short, minimum.

Saving himself for his twitch stream tonight.

35 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Shambles?

Edit: Managed to buy a ticket eventually but it was a struggle. I needed to login again to get rid of the error then couldn't get a seat where I wanted because there are groups of 4, 2 or 1 in different parts of the south stand. My mate who I go to the football with tested positive for covid this morning so he's not coming along unless his PCR test comes up negative.

I got the same error message when I eventually got through to the website after joining the queue at 5pm on the dot and waiting for 65 minutes.  The error cleared when I just clicked to a different page on the website and it was fine after that.  2 x South Stand briefs secured, will be a nice change from RDL.    

I can't say it particularly enraged me TBH.  They're trying to shift thousands of tickets at the same time with some fairness and without having you click on a seat then by the time you get to check out someone else has bought it.  

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Sounds like we played well against St Johnstone today.

Wouldn't have fancied being either team playing in that heat today.

Doesn't bode well for the season ahead when you can't score with your first choice strike force on show. Even Stenhousemuir scored against us.

13 minutes ago, resk said:

I got the same error message when I eventually got through to the website after joining the queue at 5pm on the dot and waiting for 65 minutes.  The error cleared when I just clicked to a different page on the website and it was fine after that.  2 x South Stand briefs secured, will be a nice change from RDL.    

I can't say it particularly enraged me TBH.  They're trying to shift thousands of tickets at the same time with some fairness and without having you click on a seat then by the time you get to check out someone else has bought it.  

No idea how you guys have managed to get tickets. I have now been in three different queues. Every time I get to the end of a queue it tells me I’m being re-directed to afc site, but I then just get put in another queue for over an hour each time. 

I managed to get right through to card payment and the arse fell out the b*****d site. Even managed to get our bloody season ticket seats.

At the old dears with the weans for the weekend so had to give up in the end as I needed to leave. Absolute honkin jobbies.

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Doesn't bode well for the season ahead when you can't score with your first choice strike force on show. Even Stenhousemuir scored against us.

We don’t want to peak too early.

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

What's the story with Ojo anyway? Apart from the obvious hilarity of Aberdeen gazumping Hibs to him then McInnes apparently not knowing what to do with him. I know he was loaned out to Wigan last season and seemingly did alright?

What sort of a midfielder is he supposed to be?

On paper, hes 100 % "win the ball, pass the ball to someone better".

Ojo.thumb.png.6a06d9a148189cf76d84ad89e4f3c30b.png

You probably need a really creative player beside him for him to not look awful, not sure Aberdeen or Motherwell have that, so his lack of anything going forwards is/would likely be highlighted.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

On paper, hes 100 % "win the ball, pass the ball to someone better".

Ojo.thumb.png.6a06d9a148189cf76d84ad89e4f3c30b.png

You probably need a really creative player beside him for him to not look awful, not sure Aberdeen or Motherwell have that, so his lack of anything going forwards is/would likely be highlighted.

I mean, Motherwell absolutely don't have a creative player in our midfield! That much has been clear since Polworth spat the dummy at Pittodrie and we've been limping along with 3 grafters in there from that point on.

Not wanting to clutter up the Aberdeen thread with my pish but it'd be interesting to see how he compared to someone like Ally Gorrin who's playing for Oxford in the same league as we've 100% missed that type of player when Donnelly hasn't been available.

Essentially we're in a position where we need to replace both Polworth and Campbell. So one creative and one box to box. 

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Not wanting to clutter up the Aberdeen thread with my pish but it'd be interesting to see how he compared to someone like Ally Gorrin who's playing for Oxford in the same league as we've 100% missed that type of player when Donnelly hasn't been available.

This is Gorrin, FWIW.

gorrin.thumb.png.5b1877f53581640856a25eb3ca00efc7.png

Seems pretty similar tbh. Gorrin looks like hes more likely to shoot if hes 20/25 yards out, but doesn't really do much in the final 3rd at all either. A lot of Gorrins better attacking figures are probably influenced by him not doing much in the attack, as weird as that sounds.

25 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Do you boys not have some conference thing to play in a few days? I know it's only a training game but I'd be worried because that was our 3rd or 4th choice defence out there today. 

I appreciate your concern. Did any of your hammer throwing defence injure any of our Rolls Royce attack?

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Shambles?

How the hell did you get in to buy a ticket? I get to the end of one queue and immediately get put into another one. This has been happening continuously since 5.05. I’m exasperated.