The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

How the hell did you get in to buy a ticket? I get to the end of one queue and immediately get put into another one. This has been happening continuously since 5.05. I’m exasperated.

Try emailing them.  Did you update your account for the single sign on thing when they were emailing about that a while back?  That might be something to do with it.  I updated mine earlier today before sales opened, and had to register for a new account then put my Dons ID in and it found my season ticket details and stuff.  

12 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Interesting take on it seeing as Rooney, Kerr & McCart played

TBF that includes Rooney and Kerr out of position.

I mean, its just a friendly kick about so it seems weird getting worked up about it, but it seems like Clark, McCart and McCann, arguably May too depending on our shape, were our only "first choice" players playing in their correct positions. 

1 hour ago, resk said:

Try emailing them.  Did you update your account for the single sign on thing when they were emailing about that a while back?  That might be something to do with it.  I updated mine earlier today before sales opened, and had to register for a new account then put my Dons ID in and it found my season ticket details and stuff.  

Cheers, I appreciate that. I did update my account when it came out recently. No idea what I did differently, but after 4 hours of trying I was able to get my ticket. Thanks again.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

How the hell did you get in to buy a ticket? I get to the end of one queue and immediately get put into another one. This has been happening continuously since 5.05. I’m exasperated.

After a lot of faffing. Refreshing pages and logging in again.

So there were supporters waiting at 5pm for the tickets to go on sale? 🤣

It's that kind of user behaviour that causes issues and completely unnecessary. I can't see the season ticket holders snapping up these 5,655 tickets.

If it was the club that pushed for lateral flow tests then also it's completely unnecessary, and as we've seen on this thread, it will be another reason for fans not to attend, in addition to Pittodrie being like a Chinese re-education camp with stewards walking up and down the aisles checking for masks and the squad looking a bit thin and weak on numbers and personnel.

If I was a gambling man, I would be edging towards a 0-1 or 0-2 loss as I can't shake the feeling that these two games are being used as part of the pre-season.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

5 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

So there were supporters waiting at 5pm for the tickets to go on sale? 🤣

Yes, the club really should have said "tickets go on sale at 5pm, first come first served, but it would be great if some of you could wait until tomorrow to try and get a ticket, although it might be a pishy seat behind a pillar in the Merkland Stand - thanks". 

7 minutes ago, resk said:

Yes, the club really should have said "tickets go on sale at 5pm, first come first served, but it would be great if some of you could wait until tomorrow to try and get a ticket, although it might be a pishy seat behind a pillar in the Merkland Stand - thanks". 

My point was that there will be plenty of seats left tomorrow and I don't think there will be any need to sell a ticket for a seat behind the pillar when they're only selling 25% of the capacity!

7 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

My point was that there will be plenty of seats left tomorrow and I don't think there will be any need to sell a ticket for a seat behind the pillar when they're only selling 25% of the capacity!

I agree that the tickets probably won't all be sold to season ticket holders.   But people are people, it's been a while since Dons fans have had the chance to go to a match, and they were scrambling to secure decent seats and also make sure their group can sit together.  Difficult to see how it could have been done differently TBH.  And ultimately we're not talking about folk camping out in the rain outside Pittodrie, it is just a matter of having a browser window open on your device for however long it takes.  You can do other stuff while you're "queueing".

It's just not that big of a deal.    

3 minutes ago, resk said:

I agree that the tickets probably won't all be sold to season ticket holders.   But people are people, it's been a while since Dons fans have had the chance to go to a match, and they were scrambling to secure decent seats and also make sure their group can sit together.  Difficult to see how it could have been done differently TBH.  And ultimately we're not talking about folk camping out in the rain outside Pittodrie, it is just a matter of having a browser window open on your device for however long it takes.  You can do other stuff while you're "queueing".

It's just not that big of a deal.    

Fair enough, but that wasn't my main point of my post, it just hadn't occurred to me that people would be so keen until I read the posts on this thread. However, you're right, it's been awhile...

Not only did we dominate the game vs the mighty double winning Galácticos from Perth today we didn't concede even with a defender that's never played "professional" soccer in the side. That alone had me mashing F5 on the laptop at 4:59 pm.

Bring on the Swedish farmers.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

On paper, hes 100 % "win the ball, pass the ball to someone better"

You probably need a really creative player beside him for him to not look awful, not sure Aberdeen or Motherwell have that, so his lack of anything going forwards is/would likely be highlighted.

Pretty much sums him up. He seems to hold on to the ball for a beat too long then has to play it backwards, again that could be down to the complete lack of creativity in the team.

I prefer Campbell, but he tends to have the opposite problem of playing an overly ambitious ball that no-one else reads.

11 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Doesn't bode well for the season ahead when you can't score with your first choice strike force on show. Even Stenhousemuir scored against us.

There’s zero chance they are as shite as Stevie May, so at least the team is progressing in the right direction.

Guest Bob Mahelp

We're heading into a European tie against a team half way through their season, on the back of a couple of bounce games and with what looks like a cobbled together, untried, incomplete squad. 

Bring it on. 

38 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We're heading into a European tie against a team half way through their season, on the back of a couple of bounce games and with what looks like a cobbled together, untried, incomplete squad. 

Bring it on. 

Relax, Glass knows what he’s doing. He’s a vastly experienced manager. Or maybe it’s his assistants with all the experience? What could go wrong?

Shit, doomed!

40 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Bring it on. 

I can give you your other points but the squad was absolutely not cobbled together.