The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Very unconfident with the Considine/Mccrorie partnership.  Considine has had an Indian summer as a player but is getting ever slower and I have my doubts he should be a first choice central defender.  Willie Milller is right to say that Mccrorie may have the qualities to be a central defender but he's not there yet.  Add to that two inexperienced young full backs and we have a recipe for defensive problems.

We've done well in Europe but still conceded 5 goals in 3 ties against nothing special opposition.  Against Dundee United there were mistakes at the back that better sides would have punished.  So far we've got away with defensive frailties but we will pay a heavy price eventually unless we can get a fix.  We obviously need a more mobile partner for Gallagher. Given the way Glass wants to play he needs to be good on the ball.   Guys like that within our budget are rare beasts, and we seem to be pinning our hopes on Mccrorie being the answer.  On the basis of what we've seen so far that looks too much of a gamble.

12 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

Very unconfident with the Considine/Mccrorie partnership.  Considine has had an Indian summer as a player but is getting ever slower and I have my doubts he should be a first choice central defender.  Willie Milller is right to say that Mccrorie may have the qualities to be a central defender but he's not there yet.  Add to that two inexperienced young full backs and we have a recipe for defensive problems.

We've done well in Europe but still conceded 5 goals in 3 ties against nothing special opposition.  Against Dundee United there were mistakes at the back that better sides would have punished.  So far we've got away with defensive frailties but we will pay a heavy price eventually unless we can get a fix.  We obviously need a more mobile partner for Gallagher. Given the way Glass wants to play he needs to be good on the ball.   Guys like that within our budget are rare beasts, and we seem to be pinning our hopes on Mccrorie being the answer.  On the basis of what we've seen so far that looks too much of a gamble.

So we need a more mobile partner for Gallagher, that's good on the ball. Player's like that are rare at our level/price point, but McCrorie is too much of a gamble.

There seems to be an inconsistency in your logic there.

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

So we need a more mobile partner for Gallagher, that's good on the ball. Player's like that are rare at our level/price point, but McCrorie is too much of a gamble.

There seems to be an inconsistency in your logic there.

Not at all.  "Rare" is not necessarily impossible to find. 

Failing that,  if you don't have the personnel for plan A to work, you need to devise a plan B.  My concern about the way Glass wants to play is that I doubt whether we can afford the players we need to implement it.  Mccrorie might yet be the answer.  But if he's not we may just have to settle for an effective defender who isn't so good on the ball, and adapt our style of play accordingly.  We've got off to a good start in terms of results, but we won't be able to maintain it unless we can tighten up at the back.

14 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Derek Ferguson being a classless *** p***k on that Open Goal. 

Saying there was a "gentleman's agreement" that Lewis could leave for X amount if a PL club came in for him when he signed a new deal 2 years ago. Failing to consider that agreement was with a different manager, board and chairman. 

Trying to stir up shit on your sons behalf to make sure he gets his move is pathetic, also made a few shite comments about us as well, which he never used to do. 

Never trust a ***, is the lesson, so it is, by the way, big man.

f**k off, he is looking after his sons interests just like you only care about Aberdeen's interests.

23 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Derek Ferguson being a classless *** p***k on that Open Goal. 

Saying there was a "gentleman's agreement" that Lewis could leave for X amount if a PL club came in for him when he signed a new deal 2 years ago. Failing to consider that agreement was with a different manager, board and chairman. 

Trying to stir up shit on your sons behalf to make sure he gets his move is pathetic, also made a few shite comments about us as well, which he never used to do. 

Never trust a ***, is the lesson, so it is, by the way, big man.

What were the shite comments?

Gentleman's agreements aren't worth a thing as shown elsewhere this week with Harry Kane and Spurs. Ferguson's agent should have had clauses in the contract to that end. As unfair as that may seem on Lewis Ferguson, AFC have to look after their own interests and try to maximise value.

Not heard it yet.

I understood those comments coming from Bill McMurdo, once I got over the fact he’s actually still alive.

In the year 2021 in the multi-million pound fitba industry, if I was Lewis F, I’d be looking for a new agent that didn’t rely on a “gentleman’s agreement”.

Actually disappointed with Derek F - I thought he’d mellowed with his Accies love and always seem to talk highly of AFC and how good a club it was for his lad etc.
Just shows - no different from his brother, who at least never leaves you in doubt where he stands.

He must also know that AFC will definitely sell and that a bit of brinkmanship to get to that point is pretty normal, so no real need for the sniders.

2 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Gentleman's agreements aren't worth a thing as shown elsewhere this week with Harry Kane and Spurs. Ferguson's agent should have had clauses in the contract to that end. As unfair as that may seem on Lewis Ferguson, AFC have to look after their own interests and try to maximise value.

All I can say is that if a young lad of that age entered into a legally binding contract on the basis that his obligations under it could be circumvented by a "gentleman's agreement" he was very incompetently advised.   

Anyone any idea who the people responsible might be?

54 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

once I got over the fact he’s actually still alive.

Surprised me too. Andy Fordham (RIP) was his double when he lost a few chins.

Andy Fordham                                                                                                                                               Bill McMurdo

fiordgsdg.thumb.jpg.02bdb79f9c50dbb428b553fe9bb0ce1d.jpg

Both raging **** funnily enough.

7 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

And his son will get his move, provided the right price is paid. If it's anything like the 1.8-2 million offered, it was rightly laughed out the door. Is it in sons interest to upset the apple cart at a club he is currently contracted to? No. Makes the situation worse. Typical loud mouthed, weegie gype.

A bit of patience is all that's required, not underhand shite comments in the media and transfer requests. Everyone and their dog knows we'll sell Ferguson, Aberdeen have no obligation to sell for anything they don't seem enough, but LF has an obligation to keep his head down and get on with it, as he's still an AFC employee.

Derek Ferguson's interest is in seeing his son get his move, he isn't concerned with how much Aberdeen are paid. Aberdeen care about getting maximum value for the player with Aberdeen fans interests along the same lines as Aberdeen FC. Derek Ferguson has every right to do what he thinks will help his sons interests regardless of what Aberdeen FC or its fans think and he unlike his son isn't an Aberdeen employee and so can do what he likes. You just don't like it because it's against your interests as Aberdeen fans.

It's see through, so stop whining.

Edited by 2426255