The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

well if you were Lewis Ferguson, would you want a move? you guys stay comfortable in your thinking that DF is the p***k, but maybe LF isn't just the innocent onlooker just trying to do his best for AFC.

Yes, I would want a move if I was him. 
The likes of Watford would give him life changing money that would set him up for life. 

And Aberdeen will let him move on…. When English clubs stop taking the piss, & his dinosaur agent (who I didn’t even know was still alive!) should be advising him this.

To be fair it hasn’t affected Ferguson’s performances so far.

If we get a bid of £3m up front with good add ons taking it up to £5m in time, & a 20% sell on clause, I’d take it.

Aberdeen can bank half & re-invest in a couple of good players… The likes of a McGrath potentially, along with a central defender. 

33 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

If we get a bid of £3m up front with good add ons taking it up to £5m in time, & a 20% sell on clause, I’d take it.

If Hibs are getting £4 million for Doig we should perhaps be a bit more ambitious than that 

£5 million up front before add ons isn’t unreasonable 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Have you not been banned like 30 times 

His username is what account number he's on.

Just now, CCB19035 said:

We know LF wants to move. His application however, can't be faulted. No one is criticising LF for wanting away, we're criticising his agent/dad 

What can be faulted is his old man trying to unsettle the club, or discussing club matters in the media. He thinks his son has earned a move, and he's right.

There are ways to go about it, though. Ways that aren't classless, disparaging to the club and generally unhelpful. 

Don’t waste your time min

He's had several reasonable explanations

He’s at it 

Anyway, the tickets are definitely a bit overpriced but we have to remember that the club will be doing all it can to recoup the Covid losses.
What are walk up prices for league games this season?
(Not that you can walk up and pay at the gate anymore but you know what I mean)

13 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:

What are walk up prices for league games this season?
(Not that you can walk up and pay at the gate anymore but you know what I mean)

They've not released it yet as far as I am aware. Don't think we have a home league game for a wee while either!

I haven't paid too much notice about what Lewis Ferguson is saying by proxy through his Father but I did notice that Derek Ferguson used the adjective, ambitious, to describe his son.

Ambitious for what? If he wants a transfer down to the EPL or, if he perceives going to Sevco ambitious, then go and play a starring role in a trophy winning season for Aberdeen, or get the club to the group stages of the Conference League and impress there.

Go and attract a host of suitors and then name your price. But trying to get out after a lame last full season doesn't strike me as someone ambitious to be successful in the game, but rather someone only ambitious to increase their wealth tenfold.

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I haven't paid too much notice about what Lewis Ferguson is saying by proxy through his Father but I did notice that Derek Ferguson used the adjective, ambitious, to describe his son.

Ambitious for what? If he wants a transfer down to the EPL or, if he perceives going to Sevco ambitious, then go and play a starring role in a trophy winning season for Aberdeen, or get the club to the group stages of the Conference League and impress there.

Go and attract a host of suitors and then name your price. But trying to get out after a lame last full season doesn't strike me as someone ambitious to be successful in the game, but rather someone only ambitious to increase their wealth tenfold.

Are you saying that Ferguson hasn't proven himself to be an outstanding player in the three seasons he's played for us?! 

If so, I massively disagree.  

46 minutes ago, resk said:

Are you saying that Ferguson hasn't proven himself to be an outstanding player in the three seasons he's played for us?! 

If so, I massively disagree.  

No, I'm not saying that, you're adding that in yourself. I said that his last full season was lame, and it was...if you think he was good last season, especially after December, then I massively disagree.

He's quite obviously played well for Aberdeen before this and at the start of this season, that's why he's attracting interest.

8 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

No, I'm not saying that, you're adding that in yourself. I said that his last full season was lame, and it was...if you think he was good last season, especially after December, then I massively disagree.

He's quite obviously played well for Aberdeen before this and at the start of this season, that's why he's attracting interest.

Your entire post was centred around your proposal that he should stay at Aberdeen and prove himself good enough to go and earn big bucks, or at least that was my reading of it.  I say he has already done that.

Anyway, you and I bickering about whether he's "proven himself" or not is fairly pointless- if a club wants to pay him big money they'll sign him.    

2 minutes ago, resk said:

Your entire post was centred around your proposal that he should stay at Aberdeen and prove himself good enough to go and earn big bucks, or at least that was my reading of it.  I say he has already done that.

Anyway, you and I bickering about whether he's "proven himself" or not is fairly pointless- if a club wants to pay him big money they'll sign him.    

He's played a "starring role in trophy winning season for Aberdeen" or helped the club reach the group stages in Europe has he? Because that's what I outlined as being ambitious as a successful Aberdeen player 

But the whole question is how much "big money" this club wants to pay for him. If it's £2 million then he, rightly, won't be going anywhere if Aberdeen stand their ground.

Will a club satisfy Aberdeen's valuation? Today's team sheet suggests something might be happening in the background.

6 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

He's played a "starring role in trophy winning season for Aberdeen" or helped the club reach the group stages in Europe has he? Because that's what I outlined as being ambitious as a successful Aberdeen player 

Well no, he hasn't achieved those KPIs that you've just unilaterally invented.  I hope you've passed this information on to the relevant authorities.