The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

It's also the last week of the school hodays. So some people, like me, will be away. They are talking about 15,000 which will be near the reduced capacity. So only a minor disappointment if not a full sell out, as we will likely sell a few PPV as well.

At this stage surely we should be looking forward to the game? COYR.

16 minutes ago, AJF said:

Correct. I'm sceptical that there will be any significant increase in attendances for many teams when you compare pre-covid to post-covid (I know it's not a true post-covid).

Like you mention, some fans may not be comfortable attending yet, but I also suspect there may be some regulars that have decided during the extended absence that they can actually live without going to the football every week/fortnight or their circumstances have changed as a direct result of the pandemic meaning they can no longer afford to attend.

Not to mention the central belt top reds who 1) can’t get away from work and 2) have a young child. 

a niche demographic yes but they do exist (speaking on behalf of a friend). 

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

Like you mention, some fans may not be comfortable attending yet

Delboy certainly didn't look comfortable on Tuesday night although I think his angst might've been caused by a Swedish flu rather than the "China virus" as one former US President called it...

E8dUxA_XEAs24PI.jpg.7d5273f1d5c087b246bbf060618389f2.jpg

16 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

not sure if the googly eyes tweet is an indication of something happening soon but I noticed the article only mentions the move as being a loan which is hardly ideal.

Would cost Aberdeen a fair bit to pay him off so best put him on a loan deal which we will take in another signing. 

27 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Would cost Aberdeen a fair bit to pay him off so best put him on a loan deal which we will take in another signing. 

I'm sure it all adds up but I can't see St.Mirren paying a big enough chunk of his wages for it to really make much of a difference in getting anyone else in.

I'm sure it all adds up but I can't see St.Mirren paying a big enough chunk of his wages for it to really make much of a difference in getting anyone else in.

Perhaps not but St Mirren seems to have a bit of cash to spend of wages so might be pleasantly surprised

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

not sure if the googly eyes tweet is an indication of something happening soon but I noticed the article only mentions the move as being a loan which is hardly ideal.

It will be.

9 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

lol what

Just pulling your pisser.

Well done Glass and the team tonight. We deserved to go through, but need another CH for the play off match. We will need another striker as well, but can maybe improve on our options there if we make the league stages.

You’d have to think that playing 3 at the back won’t be the norm, so we are ok assuming no injuries.

Taking Gallagher off at HT was an aggressive move.

Really enjoyed that tonight. Was in the Merkland with some pals and it was just brilliant to be back in a decent crowd. The atmosphere was fantastic. Love that Glass isn’t feart to make subs to change the game early on.