The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 minutes ago, d31 said:

I'd guess he's on something like £3k per week at the moment and the Dons will offer to double it, and make it a four or five year deal.

I hope they can find a solution on the transfer fee as he would be dynamite in this dons team.

A four or five year deal and 6K a week for a 28/29 year old player that's went under the knife twice for knee surgery...no thanks

1 minute ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

A four or five year deal and 6K a week for a 28/29 year old player that's went under the knife twice for knee surgery...no thanks

I think you would be outvoted by the fans who would take a punt on Boyle.

5 minutes ago, d31 said:

I think you would be outvoted by the fans who would take a punt on Boyle.

Well thankfully he won't be coming then...I don't know what this story is all about but Boyle isn't coming to play for Aberdeen

Edited by Bogbrush1903

1 minute ago, TheDon99 said:

Hayes is at the airport on the way to Azerbaijan according to the photos/videos that the club have just released. Couldn't see hedges in any of them...

Are the hedges not in Luxemburg?

2 minutes ago, TheDon99 said:

Hayes is at the airport on the way to Azerbaijan according to the photos/videos that the club have just released. Couldn't see hedges in any of them...

Hayes loves wearing a massive protective boot, only to turn up and play the next game.

Is Kennedy there? 

Guest Bob Mahelp

2 things are certain about this hilarity. That Boyle won't be coming to Aberdeen, but also that he and his agent are putting the feelers out for a move. 

It's the classic case of a 28 year old who has been anonymous all of his career, but who now realises that his star will never get higher than it is at this moment and (quite rightly) wants to take advantage of this. 

Aberdeen can't afford to pay big money for Boyle, and I doubt if we can offer him the wages he's (maybe unrealistically) looking for. 

Equally...and I'm pretty sure Hibs as a club know this even if their fans are deluded....there's no way that Boyle will go to any club for any kind of any big money. He's pretty much a one trick pony with little or no record of influencing matches against 'big' teams or in Europe. These types of players have been ten a penny throughout the history of football. 

Nope. The reason this apparent bid is there because Boyle and his agent are putting feelers out. There's no doubt at all that he'll leave HIbs, and almost certainly for a club like Burton or Peterborough, who will give him the wages he wants and are willing to take a punt on a guy who may have had a flash in the pan season. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

10 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

I'm just surprised Aberdeen want to sign a forward who actually scores goals.

That comment is SSSSOOOOO six months old.

ps  do you have players that know basic defending?