The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

7 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Grass pitch, plastic pitch, you c***s are never happy.

A pitch that doesn’t resemble the moon is preferable though. 

And here’s hoping Ferranti/Meadowbank or whatever the f**k you lot call yourself go down, so there’s no amateur level pitch for the big boys to play on. 

23 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

Personally I think we have a slim chance of turning it around. I thought before the game last night we couldn’t afford to go behind against an experienced team in Europe. I live in hope though.

I’d say maybe 70/30 in their favour. 

I suspect they’ll let us come at them in the opening 15-20 minutes, expecting us to huff and puff so if we could find a spark and a goal in that time then who knows. 

10 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

If we go through to Europe it'll be because we scratched and clawed our way through, not because were any good. 

And I'll not care. Any which way we get through.

9 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

There's a multiquote function min.

How does that work?

8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Grass pitch, plastic pitch, you c***s are never happy.

I'm a Dons fan. That explains my manic depressive demeanour.

I'll be happy if we get to the group stages but it'll only be a fleeting feeling before returning to my doom and gloom.

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

And I'll not care. Any which way we get through.

How does that work?

I'm a Dons fan. That explains my manic depressive demeanour.

I'll be happy if we get to the group stages but it'll only be a fleeting feeling before returning to my doom and gloom.

It’ll be a nice moment before you realise it’s 6 guaranteed pumpings that probably ruin any hope of domestic consistency in the league and we’re already out of one cup. 

Also it will be too late to do any meaningful and significant business with the extra funds available as a result of qualifying so we’re stuck with jack gurr every Sunday after a European night. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’ll be a nice moment before you realise it’s 6 guaranteed pumpings that probably ruin any hope of domestic consistency in the league and we’re already out of one cup. 

Also it will be too late to do any meaningful and significant business with the extra funds available as a result of qualifying so we’re stuck with jack gurr every Sunday after a European night. 

Although you should have a lot of money to do transfers in January?

(not sure exactly how the cash works in Conf group stage, but it wont be insignificant).

33 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

A pitch that doesn’t resemble the moon is preferable though. 

And here’s hoping Ferranti/Meadowbank or whatever the f**k you lot call yourself go down, so there’s no amateur level pitch for the big boys to play on. 

Pittodrie in February, aye that’s a first class playing surface.

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Although you should have a lot of money to do transfers in January?

(not sure exactly how the cash works in Conf group stage, but it wont be insignificant).

I’m only joking really, it would be amazing to qualify. The last time was great fun. 

ETA I think the prize money for qualifying alone is c 2.5m euros so it’s definitely significant. 

Edited by Dons_1988

25 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

I can't get my head round the thinking that last night was a 'good' result. A team thats made group stage football for seven seasons in Qarabag, simply have to avoid defeat. 

It'll take a monumental performance next week with how disjointed the side is. You saw in glimpses how much better their forward players are, playing on a tattie field. We don't have enough.

The important thing is, and one you can't deny, that the tie is still live going into the Pittodrie leg.

Now it's Qarabag's turn to travel and play in an unfamiliar environment.

The pitch, the atmosphere and, hopefully, the referee will be much improved. Who knows what will happen? Red cards can be shown, injuries to key players can occur and the match can swing towards the underdog.

Our role as supporters is to make it as partisan an atmosphere as possible for the men in red and we'll see what both sets of players have to offer.

I'm expecting a humdinger of a match, hopefully the most exciting Pittodrie Euro match since we returned with Delboy in 2014 (although I really enjoyed the Burnley, Rijeka (first one) and Apollon Pittodrie legs).

No matter what happens at Tynecastle, I'm expecting our team to turn up next Thursday and play like their careers depend on a positive outcome.

5 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

The important thing is, and one you can't deny, that the tie is still live going into the Pittodrie leg.

Now it's Qarabag's turn to travel and play in an unfamiliar environment.

The pitch, the atmosphere and, hopefully, the referee will be much improved. Who knows what will happen? Red cards can be shown, injuries to key players can occur and the match can swing towards the underdog.

Our role as supporters is to make it as partisan an atmosphere as possible for the men in red and we'll see what both sets of players have to offer.

I'm expecting a humdinger of a match, hopefully the most exciting Pittodrie Euro match since we returned with Delboy in 2014 (although I really enjoyed the Burnley, Rijeka (first one) and Apollon Pittodrie legs).

No matter what happens at Tynecastle, I'm expecting our team to turn up next Thursday and play like their careers depend on a positive outcome.

Ultimately for me if you’d told me going into the hacken tie that we’d be in the position we’re in now I’d have taken it. 

Id say odds are against us but it’s still one hell of an opportunity. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ultimately for me if you’d told me going into the hacken tie that we’d be in the position we’re in now I’d have taken it. 

Id say odds are against us but it’s still one hell of an opportunity. 

Exactly, supporters, including myself, feared we wouldn't get past BK Hacken but we've managed to do our usual and get through a couple of rounds and now we have our best chance since the Kairat Almaty tie to go, as Madness sang, One Step Beyond (although technically speaking we have already because we're in the play off)