The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

51 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Ach, let’s get Durrant in as fitness coach and Hateley in as Striking coach while we’re at it

f**k it, let’s get Donald Findlay in as Legal Director 

Fucking Martindale, f**k off 

And get Phil Borsema in as physio to carry our useless players off the park when they're injured...

I really hope that prick Samson is leaving the club too. I haven't seen any mention of him leaving yet by the club. He was having a laugh and a joke with McGeady at full-time.

1 minute ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I really hope that prick Samson is leaving the club too. I haven't seen any mention of him leaving yet by the club. He was having a laugh and a joke with McGeady at full-time.

That would be crazy.  What's the point in firing Samson when Jack Ross will just re-hire him next week?

3 hours ago, velo army said:

Genuinely can't understand why you wouldn't go for Martindale. I understand it on an intellectual level , but it's daft.

He's possibly the best manager in the division outside of the uglies.

No chance he would take the job, he has total and full control with us. He negotiates the deals, does the scouting, signs the players. Even then it's nothing more than a sideways move at this point in time, he's said numerous times that he's at Livi until our board say he's not. He doesn't seem interested in moving on, only if it's a life changing move will our board entertain it for his sake

It was interesting watching Cormack speak to the media today.

I don't know what he's like as an owner because I don't follow Aberdeen's fortunes too closely but to have all that money and still be on the verge of tears when his club gets gubbed by us, shows he cares at least.

Does that count for much? I'd love that kind of passion to be shown by our ownership.

55 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Martindale is a massive no purely because of his accent. 

How anyone can think that's an appropriate way to talk need put down.

Aberdeen fan criticising accents without a hint of irony.

Fwiw Martindale does sound like a 12 year old ned but it's significantly better than any Aberdonian accent.

9 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Aberdeen fan criticising accents without a hint of irony.

Fwiw Martindale does sound like a 12 year old ned but it's significantly better than any Aberdonian accent.

‘My accent is better than your accent’ is unspeakably tragic. 

9 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

The bloke that’s not getting a game you mean?

Him? 

He's been a regular all season. Seems you're as ignorant about football as your manager was about signing players, tactics and just about everything else really.

He was carrying an injury yesterday. 

But thanks all the same for him.:thumsup2

30 minutes ago, FTOF said:

He's been a regular all season. Seems you're as ignorant about football as your manager was about signing players, tactics and just about everything else really.

He was carrying an injury yesterday. 

But thanks all the same for him.:thumsup2

Nah. 

I just don’t give a shiny shite about St Mirren 

I now hope everyone takes a step back and a moment to breathe and we allow Robson and his assistants to take the next couple of home games. 

A couple of wins would go a long way to nullifying any threat of relegation but you don't know how this squad is going to react.

If these two home matches end favourably (4 points out of 6 would be considered favourable presently) then it might buy Cormack time to find a DoF (and hopefully an Aberdeen based CEO) to work on identifying the new manager in time for the preparations for next season.

Another rushed and frankly half-witted appointment like last February is going to do more damage than good.

If Robson proves unsuitable to take temporary charge for a couple of months or so then there's no harm in finding an experienced man to take the role short-term and steer as through choppy waters.