The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

44 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye lads, the appeal will be thrown out by the SFA due to who you play at the weekend due to the excellent relationship we have with them...

I see they waved through your last three appeals but had to draw the line at a man head butting a woman. 

Meanwhile we had Clarkson retro banned for very little, McCrorie’s ridiculous red upheld and Goodwin banned for talking.

I don’t think Shinnie’s red will be upheld because we’re playing Rangers, it’ll be upheld because the judicial panel’s a bunch of fannies.

But if they were going to do anything as a favour your lot wouldn’t be at the back of the queue.

58 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I see they waved through your last three appeals but had to draw the line at a man head butting a woman. 

Meanwhile we had Clarkson retro banned for very little, McCrorie’s ridiculous red upheld and Goodwin banned for talking.

I don’t think Shinnie’s red will be upheld because we’re playing Rangers, it’ll be upheld because the judicial panel’s a bunch of fannies.

But if they were going to do anything as a favour your lot wouldn’t be at the back of the queue.

I wasn’t really dissecting the merits of the appeal itself, just making light at the suggestion its outcome has anything at all to do with your upcoming fixture against us. That is Celtic levels of paranoia.

Also, Fran Alonso is a man and we never appealed against McPherson’s ban (if that’s the incident you’re referring to) 

3 hours ago, AJF said:

I wasn’t really dissecting the merits of the appeal itself, just making light at the suggestion its outcome has anything at all to do with your upcoming fixture against us. That is Celtic levels of paranoia.

Also, Fran Alonso is a man and we never appealed against McPherson’s ban (if that’s the incident you’re referring to) 

I know it wasn't an appeal but it's the only time the panel has gone against you this season. I did not know that Fran was a man though. Apologies to Fran. 

12 hours ago, AJF said:

The length of McPherson's ban was an embarrassment. 

53 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I've just found a worse managerial candidate than Neil Lennon. Didn't think it was possible.  

Don’t know what you mean. 

Pursuing a personal vandetta with the weegie media is about as good a motivation as it comes to be Aberdeen manager. 

I had a look at the 'Scottish Premiership without the two weegie freakshows' odds on B365 and note we are now 8/13 favourites.

Hearts are next at 2/1 with St Mirren a tasty looking 16/1 given the form they're in.

This is where the league table can be a tad misleading, despite the current five point margin.

Hearts surely must get their act together at some point and face Ross County at home on Saturday lunchtime.   St Mirren have a gimme at home to Kilmarnock. 

Recent history suggests the most we get on Sunday is a point, or likely none at all if Sevco decide to turn up like they did at both Tynecastle and Easter Road recently.   Clearly I would love to be wrong on that one, but data and all that  !

That would mean odds are we go into the split with just a one game swing required, given our poor goal difference.

We will then almost certainly be due a trip to Tynecastle after the split, unless the fixture computer decides to do what it did in 04/05 when we got put on a third visit to Easter Road, despite them being direct competitors for 3rd and the last UEFA Cup slot.  Would such ever happen in our favour?  No chance.

Other than a couple of notable exceptions, AFC generally $hite the bed down at Tynecastle.

Conclusion - the last few weeks have been great, but these next six fixtures (three against the bigot freakshows) will be a good gauge of how well we have come on under Robson.  As yet, not one of our 50 points have come from a losing position in a match.