The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

It will probably all be academic anyway, but it was really obvious in the second half today that we need more energy and presence in the middle next weekend or Celtic will have a field day. Phillips is a must start, for me, and I wouldn't be opposed to reverting to one of Robson's European set-ups either. 

On 12/04/2024 at 08:09, RandomGuy. said:

If you'd had a CB with 100+ games in this league (and functioning legs before you make a joke and say Considine) then you'd probably be in the top half right now.

You'll need to give your new manager that kind of help early on IMO.

They haven’t got 100 games yet, but Liam Gordon from your team and Robbie Deas have their contracts finishing this summer, as potential pre-contract options? Are you suggesting anyone else specifically?

Bacchus would be a similar option. I think we would have been in a far better position, including in Europe, if we had an effective defensive midfielder. Not replacing Ramadani was costly.

Looks like an imaginative, bold and exciting appointment. You’d be hoping he can bring some Scandic jewels with him. 
Interesting times ahead lads, good luck.  

21 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

They haven’t got 100 games yet, but Liam Gordon from your team and Robbie Deas have their contracts finishing this summer, as potential pre-contract options? Are you suggesting anyone else specifically?

Bacchus would be a similar option. I think we would have been in a far better position, including in Europe, if we had an effective defensive midfielder. Not replacing Ramadani was costly.

Deas is contracted until 2025, you shouldve signed him last Summer as he'd have been a direct Scales replacement.

Liam Gordon isn't good enough.

Jason Kerr is who you should be chucking a fortune at, and probably target Jimmy Dunne too. 

Élite?  Apart from Miovski and Shankland there’s not a player in the SPL outside the cheeks who wouldn’t sign for Barnsley in a heartbeat and some of them would as well. We’re in the failed, free, Bosman, project market with the occasional SPL deal and have been for years. That’s not a criticism, it’s fine with me, but enough of elite. 

Hmmm, walked out of the old lady yesterday convinced I wouldn’t be back til later in the summer. Don’t do dead rubbers, especially in the bottom six.

Today’s result changes everything and maybe even delays the Thelin appointment.

Also how they address the imbalance of fixtures will be interesting, as we are due three at home, but only Livingston and Motherwell have only played once at Pittodrie already.

Edited by tarapoa

Just now, tarapoa said:

Hmmm, walked out of the old lady yesterday convinced I wouldn’t be back til later in the summer. Don’t do dead rubbers, especially in the bottom six.

Also how they address the imbalance of fixtures will be interesting, as we are due three at home, but only Livingston and Motherwell are due to a second visit.

Suggestion is we'll visit Pittodrie for a 3rd time.

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Suggestion is we'll visit Pittodrie for a 3rd time.

Pretty harsh on you if true. I would have assumed they would have made Hibs do that seeing as they’re the least likely (on paper) to be dragged into the playoffs. No idea what their situation fixtures wise is though.

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Pretty harsh on you if true. I would have assumed they would have made Hibs do that seeing as they’re the least likely (on paper) to be dragged into the playoffs. No idea what their situation fixtures wise is though.

I'd rather play you at Pittodrie tbh. At McDiarmid it's a 0-0 with two half arsed sides strolling about. At least in Aberdeen your support would force you to try and win.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd rather play you at Pittodrie tbh. At McDiarmid it's a 0-0 with two half arsed sides strolling about. At least in Aberdeen your support would force you to try and win.

Aye I’d think we’d have more chance of scraping a shitty 1-0 at Mcdiarmid to be honest but drab 0-0s at any ground seems to be a speciality of this side recently.

Ideal scenario for Aberdeen would be County having to come to Pittodrie but I can’t see them doing that if they can avoid it.

Edited by Rodhull

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Also how they address the imbalance of fixtures will be interesting, as we are due three at home, but only Livingston and Motherwell have only played once at Pittodrie already.

The fairest would be for Hibs to visit a third time, but don't know about their fixtures. 

28 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

As hilarious as today's result in Dingwall is, it's a real bugger for us. That and St Johnstone's win at Easter Road last week are two kick in the nuts for us.

Relax. We are closer to Hibs than RossCo are to us.