The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Is he left footed?

Seems to be.

4 hours ago, O_Kahn said:

Anyone else think that an SPFL club could do worse than approach Damien Duff next time they have a vacancy? 

I'm sure he's moaned about players leaving the Irish league, and spoken about wanting to stay and raise the profile of the league by rejecting offers, so he might not be worth all the effort it would take to get him.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems to be.

I'm sure he's moaned about players leaving the Irish league, and spoken about wanting to stay and raise the profile of the league by rejecting offers, so he might not be worth all the effort it would take to get him.

What about Peter Ambrose?

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems to be.

League of Ireland

23 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

For now.

I looked him up because Damien duff said something about him being 50. Their website says this about him: 

Barrett counts Aberbeen, Dundee Utd, Waterford, Galway United, Dundalk, FC Cincinnati, Indy Eleven, and Preah Khan Reach Svay Rieng among his previous club.

Not sure if serious. 

27 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I looked him up because Damien duff said something about him being 50. Their website says this about him: 

Barrett counts Aberbeen, Dundee Utd, Waterford, Galway United, Dundalk, FC Cincinnati, Indy Eleven, and Preah Khan Reach Svay Rieng among his previous club.

Not sure if serious. 

https://www.afcheritage.org/football/players/patrick-barrett?id=845

Huh

My instinct, based on nothing at all, is that the role of a goalkeeper coach will be massively overstated whether for better or worse.

Interestingly (well, not really), I see Roos ended the season with a +10.82 on the goals prevented metric - according to FotMob, anyway. Given the stick he got, and I agree that he had a broadly disappointing season, it feels like his shot-stopping was maybe a bit underrated over the two seasons. 

Edited by DrewDon

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

The hibees poaching our best talent. Concerning. 

The football equivalent of bring moved from Chancellor to Leader of the House of Commons.

On 17/06/2024 at 14:22, DrewDon said:

Good to have a manager with a bit of M&S drip after Robson and Leven repping the Adidas club shop range. 

He’ll be kitted out for our first game in the adidas track top and joggers with body warmer 

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

I know you rate him (I do too) but a hilarious signing if they're hoping to catch Celtic.

Obviously skint.

I like him a lot as a player, but I almost think he would be a better as a signing to supplement an already good Rangers or Celtic squad than as part of a rebuild, especially when failing to win the league is basically seen as a failure for those teams. He could be a very shrewd signing for them longer term, and I can understand the attraction to him of wanting to play in a possession-heavy team in a league he already knows, but patience will be in short supply there if he doesn't hit the ground running next season. 

Scott Burns saying you're making a bid for Mitov, and says he has a release clause. Its been mentioned on here and our forum, before this news, the release clause is £300k.