The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

With the hindsight of being in February, sitting 9th in the league, and being out both cups before the quarter final stage, do Aberdeen fans still think removing McInnes was the correct decision?
Do you think you’d be better or worse off now had he stayed in post?

Getting rid was a mistake, his record shows that. But he was never a fans favourite and they caved in to supporter pressure. I do however remember a certain Danny Lennon suffering the same fate at St Mirren due to fan pressure and that was also supporters thinking the grass was greener than it was.

1 minute ago, Yorky said:

Getting rid was a mistake, his record shows that. But he was never a fans favourite and they caved in to supporter pressure. I do however remember a certain Danny Lennon suffering the same fate at St Mirren due to fan pressure and that was also supporters thinking the grass was greener than it was.

The "grass is greener" put down, how tedious. It was right to replace McInnes, the mistake was replacing him with Glass.

3 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Nonsense.

With the hindsight of being in February, sitting 9th in the league, and being out both cups before the quarter final stage, do Aberdeen fans still think removing McInnes was the correct decision?
I'd have kept mccines over glass 100%

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Nonsense.

Did Aberdeen ever finish lower than 4th under him ? With both the old firm in the top flight the highest position they could finish under any manager is 3rd. Yes they had a poor spell but his overall win percentage is over 53%. Sorry but you can try and twist  it all you like but those are the stats.

Edited by Yorky

2 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:
19 minutes ago, Lex said:

I'd have kept mccines over glass 100%

About three of the only bright spots to come out of today we're Ramsay looking like he was getting back to form, MacKenzie and Barron.

None of the three of them would have been near the pitch today if McInnes was still here. We'd be plodding along with more over the hill, shit players.

Just now, Yorky said:

Did Aberdeen ever finish lower than 4th under him ? With both the old firm in the top flight the highest position they could finish under any manager is 3rd. Yes they had a poor spell but his overall win percentage is over 53%. Sorry but you can try and twist  it all you like but those are the stats.

And Aberdeen fans are stuck in the past? 🤣

Just now, Yorky said:

Did Aberdeen ever finish lower than 4th under him ? With both the old firm in the top flight the highest position they could finish under any manager is 3rd. Yes they had a poor spell but his overall win percentage is over 53%. Sorry but you can try and trust it all you like but those are the stats.

Nearly as impressive as our possession against Motherwell in the league game - and as much use.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

And Aberdeen fans are stuck in the past? 

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Nearly as impressive as our possession against Motherwell in the league game - and as much use.

The stats don’t lie. Without looking it up he had what, something like 4 second place finishes and 3 finishing 4th ? Not exactly a disaster but he still took plenty of abuse.

9 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

But those weren't the options. 

Glass wasn't the only potential manager. 

This is it I imagine.

Sacking McInnes wasn't the mistake, hiring Glass was. The two aren't the same thing.

@IDoNotKnowThisOne Yep, after today I fully agree with you. I still believe in the remodelling of the club but we need experienced individuals not charlatans. Ramirez, Barron, Ramsay, Bates, McCrorie and Vicente can stay. Everyone else can leave.

Looking forward to seeing Ross Duncan and Kevin Hanratty. Barron looks a great player on first viewing.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is it I imagine.

Sacking McInnes wasn't the mistake, hiring Glass was. The two aren't the same thing.

The myth here is that it would have been a scoosh to hire somebody good, but we perversely didn't bother.

The history of our last, say, 10 managers proves otherwise.  It's seriously hard to find somebody good.

Out of those 10 McInnes was a success and you could maybe make a case for Calderwood.

Most of them looked decent on paper when appointed and were welcomed by the majority of fans.  But, depending on your view of Calderwood, 80-90% failed.

This isn't unique to Aberdeen.  A very high percentage of managerial appointments fail and fail fairly quickly.

We didn't have to appoint Glass, and we were probably stupid to do it.  But the probablity that whoever else we'd appointed instead would have been good is very low.

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is it I imagine.

Its similar to the same rubbish being spouted after Strachan got binned as Scotland manager then they inexplicably hired Mcleish. 

Edited by gannonball