The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Of course they're making it up. 

He might be keen or might not but some hack at the Record will neither know nor care. 

I don't know, but neither do you.

It's easy to have a pop at football journalism in Scotland and usually deserved.  Standards are appalling. But people let that tip over into 100% cynicism, a belief there are no constraints or standards whatsoever, and it's not quite that simple.

Managers habitually use journalists to signal which jobs they might potentially be interested in. 

Could this be made up? Absolutely.  But my view is on balance probably not.  There's not enough upside to justify printing something deniable that could piss Goodwin off.  "would probably be keen" or a similar form of words conveys essentially the same message without saying anything that anyone could take exception to.

42 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

It's easy to have a pop at football journalism in Scotland and usually deserved.  Standards are appalling. But people let that tip over into 100% cynicism, a belief there are no constraints or standards whatsoever, and it's not quite that simple.

Managers habitually use journalists to signal which jobs they might potentially be interested in. 

Could this be made up? Absolutely.  But my view is on balance probably not.  There's not enough upside to justify printing something deniable that could piss Goodwin off.  "would probably be keen" or a similar form of words conveys essentially the same message without saying anything that anyone could take exception to.

They are absolutely making it up. 

There's no way that Goodwin, even if he is keen, has verbalised as such to a journalist or anyone who might let it out to a journalist.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

They are absolutely making it up. 

There's no way that Goodwin, even if he is keen, has verbalised as such to a journalist or anyone who might let it out to a journalist.

What about if they asked him the question and he just gave a thumbs up or a ‘mebbe’s aye…?’ Hand gesture? 

1 minute ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Love Christian. Not so sure about the Twitter antics the last few days. 

Be a good professional and keep your head down. 

What do these guys reasonably expect? We just continue as it was? 

What’s he done wrong?

The tweet yesterday is a natural reaction, presumably feeling like he’s let someone down in that they’ve lost their job. 

liking the transfer story is a nothing and fairly certain it’s been posted tongue in cheek. 

2 hours ago, Game of throw-ins said:

The upside is geeting the article up to the requisite number of words to get paid.  The actual meaning of those words is not important. 

If he's happy with our performances, then send him back to some franchise in the states. He may be decent but he is currently part of a bad team.

Managers pay with their jobs when they under perform to this level.

Boy needs brought up to speed with what is acceptable.

Abuse will be  heading his way if he continues to yearn for glass. It's done, he was pish. We move on as one or he can go too. Onwards and hopefully upwards.

47 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Tweeting "f**k" like a school kid desperate for replies, not my bag I'm afraid. 

He liked tweets as a Houston player about coming to Aberdeen. I think there's more to it than just a simple like. Seems like he's not happy Glass has been punted and might be angling to go back home. 

That's without consideration of how his family have actually adapted. His wife and kids might be struggling with it, you just don't know. 

20 minutes ago, gudge1903 said:

If he's happy with our performances, then send him back to some franchise in the states. He may be decent but he is currently part of a bad team.

Managers pay with their jobs when they under perform to this level.

Boy needs brought up to speed with what is acceptable.

Abuse will be  heading his way if he continues to yearn for glass. It's done, he was pish. We move on as one or he can go too. Onwards and hopefully upwards.

Ffs lads :lol:

Maybe this was Dave's masterplan all along. He knew Ramirez was a 15/20 goals a season gem, but the only way he would come to Scotland was if his pal came, too.

So we've had to put up with Glass for 11 months, but the new man has a goalscorer in his squad.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

What about if they asked him the question and he just gave a thumbs up or a ‘mebbe’s aye…?’ Hand gesture? 

Exactly. There are ways of doing these things.  Managers are forever hiking their skirts in the direction of bigger clubs through journalistic connections, without putting anything on record that could be used to embarrass them later.

In short AFC** are just taking a wee rest before going for euro glory again, nothing more. Giving teams like Hearts  a wee chance to catch up since most of their cups were won in 1800s.
AFC** won't go down, just not in our DNA and never has been...

State of this [emoji1]

All true apart from the wee jest about having a rest. 

More domestic silverware than hearts

Have hearts ever been in Europe post Xmas? **

Won more silverware since 1903 than Edinburgh clubs and Dundee Utd put together

Historically finish above hearts

Aberdeen have never lost a cup final to an Edinburgh team

Hearts hold joint relegation record since league reform in mid 70s (5 times and counting)

Aberdeen can take 43000 with police denying us another 10000 to ParkRED 170 miles from home, hearts can't take that to Murrayfield across the road

Edit to say when we last played you guys at Murrayfield crowd was 24000, 8000 dandies, ever been 8000 hearts fans outside hampden or tyncastle?

Hearts have never beat old or new rangers at Hampden - ever

😁

AFC** jealousy gets you nowhere champ. 

Edited by gudge1903

All true apart from the wee jest about having a rest. 
More domestic silverware than hearts
Have hearts ever been in Europe post Xmas? **
Won more silverware since 1903 than Edinburgh clubs and Dundee Utd put together
Historically finish above hearts
Aberdeen have never lost a cup final to an Edinburgh team
Hearts hold joint relegation record since league reform in mid 70s (5 times and counting)
Aberdeen can take 43000 with police denying us another 10000 to ParkRED 170 miles from home, hearts can't take that to Murrayfield across the road
Edit to say when we last played you guys at Murrayfield crowd was 24000, 8000 dandies, ever been 8000 hearts fans outside hampden or tyncastle?
Hearts have never beat old or new rangers at Hampden - ever
[emoji16]
AFC** jealousy gets you nowhere champ. 

I’m a St Johnstone fan mate. I’ll enjoy our 3 trophies over 7 years, you enjoy your 8000 fans at Murrayfield.

IMG_0849.jpg