The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

15 hours ago, Ric said:

Wasn't he playing LB for you lot? That's his position at Celtic.

No.

We’ve been playing Hayes at LB. 

And Celtic regard him as a winger, he only played LB as Taylor was injured & Juranovic hadn’t been signed.

Played a few games early on before Postecoglu got active in the transfer market. 

3 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

No.

We’ve been playing Hayes at LB. 

And Celtic regard him as a winger, he only played LB as Taylor was injured & Juranovic hadn’t been signed.

Played a few games early on before Postecoglu got active in the transfer market. 

Ah, well, fair enough, ignore my post then, I was clearly joining dots where there were none.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Excellent interview on Red TV well worth 22 mins of any dandy’s time.

……and yes, McCrorie will be captain sooner rather than later.

That first proper interview with Jim Goodwin had me feeling the same way as I felt after hearing Derek McInnes’ first full interview as our manager.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

That first proper interview with Jim Goodwin had me feeling the same way as I felt after hearing Derek McInnes’ first full interview as our manager.

Good interview, liked the cut of his jib.

“I will not be signing anyone who is not athletic and not professional”

bye loon .

E5RpBM1XMAINO6j.jpg.50951b32ab8da4c9c4f39fed170784f6.jpg

Also, Goodwin giving credit to Steven Gunn for the McCrorie deal. Nae bad for a "glorified tea boy" as I think he was portrayed by a few of those well versed in directors of football remits on here.😏

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It was a good interview. I reckon a number of our miserable fans will miss the point when he says he wants athletic players who can run first and foremost, and then we’ll look at football ability. I totally got what he meant but I could see the arseholes using it against him, the way he worded it. 

secondly, mal saying at the end everyone at pittodrie would’ve wanted Jim Goodwin the player in our team…

Season 4 No GIF

Edited by Dons_1988

56 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

secondly, mal saying at the end everyone at pittodrie would’ve wanted Jim Goodwin the player in our team…

:lol:

Aye

If someone told me 5 years ago that Jim Goodwin would be our Manager and Scott Brown was our captain I would assume they were reporting from some parallel universe 

34 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

:lol:

Aye

If someone told me 5 years ago that Jim Goodwin would be our Manager and Scott Brown was our captain I would assume they were reporting from some parallel universe 

I might be doing jim a disservice. I really can’t remember anything about him as a player other than his hard man act. He may have been a budget Roy Keane and I missed it. 

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

And what was that, Joey, don't leave us in suspense????

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Hope in my heart, @Jacksgranda , hope in my heart.

I'm coming round to Goodwin myself. Not that I had anything against him, but I'm just a bit puzzled what we've been doing for this last 12 months, I'm not sure JG nr 2 will carry on this "exciting, attacking football" malarkey. 

Not that that has been particularly successful anyway.

12 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Excellent interview on Red TV well worth 22 mins of any dandy’s time.

……and yes, McCrorie will be captain sooner rather than later.

McCrorie was captain last Saturday

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I also loved the interview and first thoughts was he spoke as well as McInnes. It took McInnes 5 games to get a handle on what needed improved so hopefully Goodwin isn't the same and get results straight away.