The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Generally agree with most of that but let me temper the excitement with a Be'er Sheva fans 'Bates to that polish mob' vibe reply😄

At the very least, he'll likely be an improvement on Richardson. Scottish football may suit him better than the Israeli league. Time will tell. I'm just pleased to see the club are no longer sourcing solely from the lower leagues in England. We've been burned far too many times from that pool.

Regarding Richardson, we now have Devlin and Dadia covering the right back position. There is talk of Richardson being converted to a winger. If that's not the case, I anticipate him to be loaned out. Not sure we'll sell him just yet.

4 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Regarding Richardson, we now have Devlin and Dadia covering the right back position. There is talk of Richardson being converted to a winger. If that's not the case, I anticipate him to be loaned out. Not sure we'll sell him just yet.

Richardson is a decent physical specimen and is fast.

If he could just learn to concentrate defensively and improve his final ball, then there's something there.

However, those are two big missing attributes - so if we can even recoup 75% of our outlay from some club down south, then it needs to be grabbed.  Else a loan spell down there, and he could show up well and become more of a sellable asset.

As for Dadia - hopefully the one international cap doesn't mean he's the Garry Kenneth of Beersheba.

Edited by tarapoa

Mental that folk think Hayes is good enough for this team. Complete poo passenger at this stage. 

A few of us had our reservations about appointing Barry and it's in full flow here. 2 CB's out and we're going with a back three of Mackenzie and Milne either side of Nicky Devlin. Morris and Hayes at wing back.

The season kicks off in a fortnight.

A back three of Milne and Mackenzie either side of Devlin would have you relegated in the Scottish Premiership, so no surprise they are getting roasted against a strong English Championship XI. Mackenzie's attempted clearance in the build up to the first goal was inexcusably amateurish, though, friendly or not. 

Preston's triangles are causing us a lot of problems. A few times one player has switched off or not done what they are supposed to in the press and that has been it. 

10 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Mental that folk think Hayes is good enough for this team. Complete poo passenger at this stage. 

A few of us had our reservations about appointing Barry and it's in full flow here. 2 CB's out and we're going with a back three of Mackenzie and Milne either side of Nicky Devlin. Morris and Hayes at wing back.

The season kicks off in a fortnight.

Poo passenger? 

Getting passed round at will.

Shows the quality of the Championship (as it should be financially) compared to the SPFL.

Then again, our back 3 comprises of two full backs (one of which is a Scottish lower league level) & a converted midfielder (who is also Scottish lower league level player).

Edited by Thenorthernlight

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Poo passenger? 

🤣 Weird auto correct but it's not wrong.

Mackenzie doesn't trust Hayes. Hayes doesn't trust Mackenzie. Can say the same for Morris and Milne.  Leads to them getting dragged all over the place.

Sokler looks a find.

Telling you Sokler is an upgrade on Miovski. Looks Faster, stronger and more technical. I'm sticking to my prediction that he'll end up our top goalscorer. Looks a real gem. Duk just hasn't seemed himself for a while now.

I like McKenzie and he's put in some decent performances in the past I'm just not sure he's quite good enough for us. Hayes should only be utilized as a backup player. 

Signing a left back is an absolute priority.

Edited by HarleyQuinn