The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 hours ago, coprolite said:

Can you work out how old i am from this list? 

Celtic x6

Darvel ffs

Dundee x3

Dundee United x7

Dunfermline 

Hearts x3

Hibs x5

Livingston x3

Morton

Motherwell x3

No one x5 🙂

Queen of the South

Rangers (RIP) x5

Raith Rovers

Saint Johnstone 

Stenhousemuir

It’s been quite an exercise in masochism and self loathing, compiling that list. 

That list is nothing without East Fife and Ayr United...

Hadn't quite realised how bad we have been coming back after the winter break until I looked at the last few seasons results. Feel free to correct any of this as I've just worked it out by looking at the results on Wikipedia but I'm pretty sure our record is:

In the 19/20 season, in our first five league games back after the break we picked up 5 points.

In the 20/21 season, there wasn't an official winter break due to the delays caused by Covid. However in the first five league games of played in Jan 21 we picked up 5 points.

In the 21/22 season in our first five league games back after the break we picked up 2 points.

And in the 22/23 season in our first five league games back after World Cup break we picked up 1 point.

Within the 20 games I've mentioned we played one of the OF 6 times, 5 of those matches were at home. We won none of them, drew 2 and lost 4.

This obviously doesn't include the cup games we would have played. But if Robson has any chance of keeping this job until the end of the season he's going to have to buck this trend massively. You'd think 7 points is a minimum 

On 17/01/2024 at 14:22, coprolite said:

Can you work out how old i am from this list? 

Celtic x6

Darvel ffs

Dundee x3

Dundee United x7

Dunfermline 

Hearts x3

Hibs x5

Livingston x3

Morton

Motherwell x3

No one x5 🙂

Queen of the South

Rangers (RIP) x5

Raith Rovers

Saint Johnstone 

Stenhousemuir

It’s been quite an exercise in masochism and self loathing, compiling that list. 

47/8.

2 hours ago, Moorie said:

Looking forward to bbc bring up Clyde beating Celtic few years back and a few reminders of Darvel the next 24 hours  

They’ve already done that on the BBC Scotland Football website.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

They’re in our list.

If I had started following the Dons two seasons earlier, Raith Rovers would be on that list twice...

Selling Duk and replacing him with Mikey Johnston on loan. 

Feel like Robsons trying to get sacked.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Selling Duk and replacing him with Mikey Johnston on loan. 

Feel like Robsons trying to get sacked.

That's in no way funny. However, if Duk is sold it'll be absolutely nothing to do with Barry Robson. 

On 17/01/2024 at 20:25, Jacksgranda said:

That list is nothing without East Fife and Ayr United...

All the teams I would have to add on are;

Ayr 

Clyde

East Fife

Falkirk 

St Mirren 

14 hours ago, TheDon99 said:

Hadn't quite realised how bad we have been coming back after the winter break until I looked at the last few seasons results. Feel free to correct any of this as I've just worked it out by looking at the results on Wikipedia but I'm pretty sure our record is:

In the 19/20 season, in our first five league games back after the break we picked up 5 points.

In the 20/21 season, there wasn't an official winter break due to the delays caused by Covid. However in the first five league games of played in Jan 21 we picked up 5 points.

In the 21/22 season in our first five league games back after the break we picked up 2 points.

And in the 22/23 season in our first five league games back after World Cup break we picked up 1 point.

Within the 20 games I've mentioned we played one of the OF 6 times, 5 of those matches were at home. We won none of them, drew 2 and lost 4.

This obviously doesn't include the cup games we would have played. But if Robson has any chance of keeping this job until the end of the season he's going to have to buck this trend massively. You'd think 7 points is a minimum 

It's uncertain at this point, especially with the upcoming matches against Rangers and Hearts away, as well as Celtic at home. Typically, we consider ourselves fortunate to secure even a single point from these three games.