The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

On 26/01/2024 at 19:27, Afc69 said:

This has yet to be confirmed 

Starting today for Watford as well. Doesn’t mean he won’t still go as Derby are already out of the FA cup so he wouldn’t need to worry about being cup tied but it is a bit of a strange move to play him if he’s supposedly got one foot out the door.

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

Aye, that historic win over Frankfurt in a dead rubber.

Yeah I think everyone knows realistically if that game had meant anything it would have turned out very differently. 

It seems pretty obvious they have absolutely nobody lined up and so are just stalling for time. A defeat on Tuesday and likely some potentially grim games against the ugly sisters afterwards means it’s surely inevitable now.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Not surprised at all by this. Club have written this season off. 

No I can’t say I am either. As I said above I think they’re just delaying because they don’t have a clue for an alternative just now.

You were meant to sign Phillips in the summer. He supposedly turned Dundee down for Aberdeen then somehow ended up at Wycombe.

It's written in the stars* he has a shocker Tuesday and you lose because of him.

*Other star aligning probabilities are available but shall not be discussed. Thank you for your support in this matter.

It is almost certainly the case that they don't have a clue who they want, or what they want from a new manager.

Cormack appointing a proper DoF and giving them the authority to do proper DoF things might have helped mitigate this, of course, but that would involve giving up a level of control that he clearly isn't willing to countenance. 

Just now, DrewDon said:

It is almost certainly the case that they don't have a clue who they want, or what they want from a new manager.

Cormack appointing a proper DoF and giving them the authority to do proper DoF things might have helped mitigate this, of course, but that would involve giving up a level of control that he clearly isn't willing to countenance. 

Have they had a clue since the departure of McInnes?

9 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Have they had a clue since the departure of McInnes?

I think Cormack probably did know roughly what he wanted when he appointed Glass, but it was a big mistake and a wasted opportunity.

Since then, though, it has been a case of fumbling around in the dark, no real idea of what direction he wants to take the club, and just an unnecessary amount of off-field incompetence.

Edited by DrewDon

3 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I think Cormack probably did know roughly what he wanted when he appointed Glass, but it was a big mistake and a wasted opportunity.

Since then, though, it has been a case of fumbling around in the dark, no real idea of what direction he wants to take the club, and just an unnecessary amount of off-field incompetence.

Sometimes you just get the feel that Cormack is happy to be in about in a professional feel with players he grew up watching. He came across a right glickt at that Gothenburg key to the city 

15 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Heard this - McLeod also stated that the club are working on getting another 1 or 2 players in ahead of Thursday’s deadline.

One of them will be a centre back - either Mattie Pollock (the first choice) or Jason Kerr.