The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 hours ago, coprolite said:

Top stat and graph skills.

Any chance of adding vertical lines/ colour coding to mark the tenures of various managers? 

for comparability, we also need to take into account that a 10 team league meant slightly more harder games and fewer easier ones. Also, from about 1999 to 2010 we were ahead of the curve on pennypinching while less scrupulous clubs were on debt fuelled spending binges. 

I'll have a footer with the graph. I'm alright with Excel but shite at design.

You make a good point about finances. I'm not going to argue with Dons' fans about the board, but how many teams finished above Aberdeen while spending money they didn't have?

McInnes' teams have struggled more than some others against the Old Firm and have come up short a couple of times in cup ties that they ought to have won. But for 5 years nobody has been better at winning games against the rest of the league. 

Well done to Aberdeen clinching second place in what has been the real competition this season.  Securing their first victory at Celtic Park since October 2004, ending a run of 25 straight league defeats at that ground.

Derek McInnes deserves a lot of respect for what he has managed to achieve over the course of the last 5 seasons.

mcinnes.jpg

Dons fans didn’t seem to be very bothered with getting second after managing that feat 3 seasons running. I think they will have changed their minds now, to do it in the fashion that they did. It must feel very good knowing they went down to Glasgow and got a result at Celtic Park that Rangers are so desperate to get themselves - and solidify their place as Scotland’s second force.

A nine point gap isn’t huge so this is good progress from Aberdeen considering the Celtic side we are having to contend with these days. You look at the gap when Celtic were so poor under Ronny. If this Aberdeen side had existed those days they might have won the league, so I think it shows how far they’ve come.

Kenny McLean will be very difficult to replace. What a player he has been. Hopefully Aberdeen can recruit well in the summer and make a push for that glorious place in the Europa League group stages.