The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I fear Jack is off but hopefully someone has put in an offer for McGinn and this is his replacement. Fingers crossed anyway.

I often wonder if some Aberdeen fans actually watch matches. The number of fans who seem to think that McGinn is a lazy, useless wage thief, is quite unbelievable. McGinn maybe doesn't always play at his best, Saturday for instance, but he runs all over the park, in attack and defence, and his retention of the ball is second only to Ryan Jack. For some reason some small minded people will not forgive him for not celebrating scoring against Celtic last season, implying he didn't try in that match. A game incidentally in which he actually scored in the first half and hit the post in the second, obviously not trying.

Cant believe someone said he is as good as armstrong

He's not as good as Armstrong but I don't think hes that far behind him in terms of natural ability. They can be a bit inconsistent but when they are on form both are a joy to watch.

I really think Aberdeen can take Kenny up to the next level. You see a lot of Scots go down to the Championship and League 1 and just disappear. The Dons really do seem to be building something a bit special up there.

I only hope we managed to get some future clauses in the deal. Somehow I doubt it.

He's not as good as Armstrong but I don't think hes that far behind him in terms of natural ability. They can be a bit inconsistent but when they are on form both are a joy to watch.

I really think Aberdeen can take Kenny up to the next level. You see a lot of Scots go down to the Championship and League 1 and just disappear. The Dons really do seem to be building something a bit special up there.

I only hope we managed to get some future clauses in the deal. Somehow I doubt it.

He is a very good player. I have no doubts he will become even better. But he is not as good as armstrong

re the whole armstrong maclean comparison I think the jury is out. Maclean has been playing in a struggling team all season whereas armstrong is the opposite. Brilliant signing for us, I've admired him for a while now. If we could only get shinnie in now I would really fancy us to push the **** all the way!

Edit
really? you cant say t i m s?

Edited by tlg1903

Fantastic sign of intent signing Kenny McLean. He's the sort of dynamic midfielder we were desperately missing on Saturday, it is a superb signing. The fee is fantastic, put in context against those for Andreu and Armstrong, this is superb value for money. Credit to McInnes and the board for this piece of business.

Hopefully Lukas Culjak (forever to be known as LL Cul J) turns out to be an astute long term but of business. Disappointed to see Kelly go. Refereed the kid in a fair few AFC youth games a couple of years or so back, and he was a fantastic prospect, well cultured left foot, great work ethic, hard but fair manner and very versatile.

Overall, a good window, tying up key players, seeing McLean and Daniels in, Shinnie sign a pre contract and not losing any key players. Decent month!