The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

10 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I'm not claiming utd are a bigger club though.

Cool, good to know that Utd have won only slightly more than what equates to feck all in your mind during their entire existence.

During that same time period of winning next to nothing we also won half as many cups as Hibs have in their entire history. Hearts I’ll grant you as being on a par with us.

Elevated season ticket sales due to a support rallying to stop their club going out of business and a feel good / bounce back factor after a couple of season in the lower leagues does not equate to a club being bigger than another. Success on the pitch, however, does play a part in how big a club is perceived to be.

1 minute ago, Captain_Imra7 said:

Cool, good to know that Utd have won only slightly more than what equates to feck all in your mind during their entire existence.

During that same time period of winning next to nothing we also won half as many cups as Hibs have in their entire history. Hearts I’ll grant you as being on a par with us.

Elevated season ticket sales due to a support rallying to stop their club going out of business and a feel good / bounce back factor after a couple of season in the lower leagues does not equate to a club being bigger than another. Success on the pitch, however, does play a part in how big a club is perceived to be.

Aberdeen have won one cup in twenty three years champ.  At least Hibs won the big one.  And both have had bigger crowds for years and years, no bounce they're just bigger.

27 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Aberdeen have won one cup in twenty three years champ.  At least Hibs won the big one.  And both have had bigger crowds for years and years, no bounce they're just bigger.

Hibs have averaged (roughly) between 9 and 13k since the mid 80’s until the season before last “champ”.  Generally less than what we have had at home season on season.

Hearts have generally had slightly higher average attendances until the whole foundation of hearts thing kicked off and now they do outstrip us by a reasonable bit.

Edited by Captain_Imra7

Bitter?

I couldnt give too hoots about Aberdeen not being relegated mate, but the fact is you finished in a relegation spot - thats not bitterness, thats a fact.
Its also a fact that both Edinburgh clubs are far stronger now since we went down, regardless of your inability to acknowledge that because you ripped your knitting about the Dundee Utd fans trolling of you

lennylaugh.png.4f24513559c1fa291875dd39b2752cbc.png

Too hoots?

Well leave it there.

23 minutes ago, Captain_Imra7 said:

Hibs have averaged (roughly) between 9 and 13k since the mid 80’s until the season before last “champ”.  Generally less than what we have had at home season on season.

Hearts have generally had slightly higher average attendances until the whole foundation of hearts thing kicked off and now they do outstrip us by a reasonable bit.

So have Aberdeen champ.  Hibs crowds have reeemed yours for ages, as they do now.

31 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

so what you are saying is if you have a higher attendance your a bigger team,is that rite

Odd one this, I guess it depends on what you mean by "big"?

I was shouted down the other week as I said Aberdeen had a much more impressive history than the English mob that papped you out of Europe - and you do, in terms of trophies won etc, especially the euro cup winners cup.

However I would say that The Rangers (for example) are a bigger club than Aberdeen, despite only having won lower league trophies in their short history.

However, off to watch a film now, argue among yourselves animals-fish-fishing-fishers-fishermen-angles-smb070616_low.jpg.f4041f0d23e33daf8f50c69d0a3c8c19.jpg

1 hour ago, Reidzer 1314 said:

Fingers crossed we see some transfer activity this week. 

Striker and centre back are top of the list IMO. Winger and another creative midfielder would be good add on additions. 

Manager said might sign a few players this week - put a few bids in. 

I would say full back is more important than Centre back as cover as our injury crisis is bad but I want Shinnie in midfield. Striker is critical although would stick with Bruce Anderson against Dundee if we don't manage to sign one before the weekend. We really need another winger in the squad as we only have 3 players that play that position. 

A striker and a winger please.

If we sign a defender then a natural full back would be best.

Plenty options for centre back when the injuries clear up and no certainty on how long McKenna/Hoban are out for yet.

I’d rather they brought in more cover at fullback and let Hoban or Considine cover for Mckenna temporarily. Assuming Hoban isn’t out long.

Striker and another winger is needed as everyone has said but i also think we need someone with a bit of creativity in the middle of the park too. Mclean was a bit of an outlet for us when we were out of ideas at times and it doesnt seem like we have someone like that just now. Too early to judge Forrester but it doesnt seem like hes going to be that for us. Even a Scott Allan type player would offer something different for us but i assume he is on his way to Hibs eventually.

19 hours ago, Green Day said:

Not as far as I am aware, but the other Dons_1988 boy said "Aberdeen have been dire and I mean really dire but never bad  enough to go down"

My point was, aye you have but non sporting circumstances (fal;kirk stadium)dictated that you were saved.

Not that tricky to work out, keep up.

Not this one again.

Aberdeen FC have never finished in an automatic relegation position.

Falkirk's ground being deemed unfit for the top flight had no bearing on that - the league was already being expanded from 10 to 12, and all that happened is that Aberdeen and Dunfermline avoided a three-way play-off against the Bairns (with two of the three going into the top flight).

Dons bid over £500k for a striker last week which was turned down over the weekend.

'Other' players mentioned are Moult and Boyce.

I'll await the final signing being the 5th choice from Fulham etc