The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 hours ago, Golden Gordon said:

I'm not entirely sure about the level of caution they'll apply against Leverkusen. They'll have to be at them from the start if they're aiming to overcome three away goals. I would expect them to play the type of harrying high press they utilize against Celtic. But with the 10iar pissing contest ongoing, they might put the emphasis on picking up as many league points as possible, so it's anyone's guess really. 

They will absolutely prioritise the league this season over everything. 

2 minutes ago, big al said:

Agree Al.

Gerrard isn't going to want being Zombie manager the seasons that the other erse cheeks did 8,9 & 10 in a row sitting on his CV.

18 minutes ago, big al said:

With that being the case, we should be expecting them to come at us full pelt on August 1st, with a full strength first XI. Any thoughts on how McInnes will approach this?

Hopefully we have everyone fit.

I fancy our chances. We have a reasonable record against Gerrard.

We will probably play it defensive for the first 30 mins but I dont have a problem with that.

I'll be hoping to watch the game somewhere with some atmosphere 

6 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Not that wikipedia is always accurate, but its Europa League page is now stating you are in that tournament for 20-21. Have to scroll down to the qualified teams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_UEFA_Europa_League

Screenshot_20200708-112641.jpg

The seeding bit for those interested. Aberdeen and Motherwell seeded for QR1.

Edited by Rodhull

50 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Screenshot_20200708-112641.jpg

The seeding bit for those interested. Aberdeen and Motherwell seeded for QR1.

Close
[Note SCO] Scotland (SCO): The 2019–20 Scottish Premiership was abandoned due to the COVID-19 pandemic in Scotland, and the 2019–20 Scottish Cup was postponed and could not be completed by the UEFA registration deadline of 3 August 2020. The second-placed, third-placed and fourth-placed teams of the league at the time of the abandonment based on the average number of points per matches played for each team, Rangers, Motherwell and Aberdeen, were selected to play in the 2020–21 UEFA Europa League by the Scottish Football Association, entering the second qualifying round (second-placed team) and first qualifying round respectively.[31]

I must have missed the SFA announcement 

11 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I must have missed the SFA announcement 

Pretty worrying that Rangers* will have access to all that Champions League money. Wonder what impact that'll have on the race for second place. 

1 hour ago, Golden Gordon said:

Pretty worrying that Rangers* will have access to all that Champions League money. Wonder what impact that'll have on the race for second place. 

I hadn't even noticed that bit. I'm delighted for all 500 million of their fans

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

Bid of €3 million euros accepted from Guingamp for Cosgrove but move turned down by him according to the Sun.

Beat me to it Rod

Hard to believe that he turned down the move

That money would have come in handy and I reckon we could replace at a fraction of the cost.

1 minute ago, Sheep62 said:

Beat me to it Rod

Hard to believe that he turned down the move

That money would have come in handy and I reckon we could replace at a fraction of the cost.

Presumably either doesn't fancy French second tier or more likely thinks he can get a move to England somewhere.

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

Presumably either doesn't fancy French second tier or more likely thinks he can get a move to England somewhere.

English Championship probably more what he fancies.

At least anyone interested now knows the sort of fee we'll deal at

6 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

English Championship probably more what he fancies.

At least anyone interested now knows the sort of fee we'll deal at

What are the Aberdeen fan thoughts on the reported fee? 3m Euros seems a bit low to me. What's his contract situation?