Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inevitable outcome, however I can still only see one winner from the whole situation... United, £204K is a steal.

Spot on. You'll make a few quid on him at the end of the day, don't understand what all the whinging is about.Well played you DAB's.

Spot on. You'll make a few quid on him at the end of the day, don't understand what all the whinging is about.Well played you DAB's.

Stop being so reasonable. I like you better when you're a c**t. :angry:

If this had been the other way around I think Dundee Utd would've been looking for a similar award - for me, the figure quoted is not unreasonable.

Also consider, Falkirk were initially awarded £200k odd for Mark Stewart in a tribunal.

Mark Stewart.

He made one substitute appearance in the third division of Scotland. its a completely different situation we would be in. Rangers didn't offer a contract until they knew a team were sniffing about.

Lolz at Rangers deleting half of their statement. Joke club. Joke fans. Hope they die. Enjoy the 170k or so. One months wages for a few guys should be much appreciated in these times of needs.

Disgraceful decision but not surprising in the slightest. They were about to let him go for nothing until they found out we'd contacted the boy and suddenly it's £170k. Hopefully a fair whack of this money will go to the liquidated clubs creditors.

No offence, and I'm just using your post as an example amid a lot of similar posts - nothing personal, but unless you know what the rules are and what issues the Tribunal had to decide and have had sight of their reasoning then you're really in no position to make such a declaration.

One would hope that subjective judgements are kept to a minimum in these deliberations and that there is a clear predictable formula which clubs can refer to. The alternative is as Thompson suggests: that clubs will be prevented from taking on good, young players for fear of what a Tribunal will determine, arbitrarily. That could lead to the parent club exploiting young players or, worse yet, players being forced out of the game. Commentary on this particular judgement is pointless however unless you fully understand the decision.

If this had been the other way around I think Dundee Utd would've been looking for a similar award - for me, the figure quoted is not unreasonable.

Also consider, Falkirk were initially awarded £200k odd for Mark Stewart in a tribunal.

Mark Stewart.

Indeed, and United received £400k for Scott Allan. Granted he was sold 6 months before the end of his contract but the suggestion at the time was that this figure was accepted on the basis that it was roughly what we would have received as a development fee.

I think a few young, unspectacular, players have left Scotland over the last few years for development fees around £200k - £400k. Seems the going rate.

Scott Allan didn't make just one 20 minute appearance against part time opposition though.

No, he made about six first team appearances and left for twice as much. I'm not justifying Telfer's fee by comparing it to Allan's, just pointing out that the fee doesn't look exceptional.

The only way to properly comment on the judgement is to read the full judgement first and familiarise yourself with the criteria. Without that people are just letting their bellies rumble.

Not a big fan of that Thompson statement tbh. 200k does seem really high for a third tier youth team player, though. Not surprised it's The Rangers on the other end of the deal.

Agree with Pull My Strings, we need to wait and see the full details of the decision and we need some transparency so clubs know what to expect and the process is repeatable.

I also don't share the confidence of many that we're going to make our money back in spades. There's currently no solid reason to believe we'll make a profit on Telfer, never mind him going for the few million being banded about.

Archived