Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peterborough have confirmed they're planning to make an offer for McKay this January, so......

So ...?

Oh I see what you're getting at. Peterborough buy McKay at a knockdown price. United buy Peterborough and McKay comes to United on loan. It's contrived but it's possible. The question is: do we really need Peterborough?

So ...?

Oh I see what you're getting at. Peterborough buy McKay at a knockdown price. United buy Peterborough and McKay comes to United on loan. It's contrived but it's possible. The question is: do we really need Peterborough?

We wouldn't be allowed to buy them, but we could acquire 9% of their shares lend them £2million and stick a couple of directors on their board. That should be enough to influence things.

No idea. We'll loan a striker until the end of the season, that will be it.

I think that's a real possibility. I also think that if it happens we will be lucky to finish in the top four.

It has already been shown that Dow is not suited to the striker role; christ knows when Bilate will be fit; and we are just an injury/suspension away from Ciftci not being available. Unless we really luck out with a decent loan striker then we will struggle like hell. Injury and suspension aside, we will only get the most out of Ciftci if he has serious competition IMO.

ST has done brilliantly getting the club back on a good financial footing and I don't expect him to start throwing huge amounts of cash around, but given the Gauld and Robertson deals I would have thought there would be money to make an acquisition for the one position we are crying out for.

So ...?

Point was more that its not likely to be a "done deal" while other clubs are still talking to Inverness about said player

It seems to me, and I guess to ST as well, that splashing cash on players is pretty stupid. We've just spent £200k on Telfer, so he'll have learnt his lessons on going to tribunals now.

Aberdeen have Rooney and Goodwillie, both signed on freedom of contract. Boyd signed for Killie and Rangers in the same way, as did McFadden for St Johnstone, Clarkson for Dundee and Sow for Hearts, amongst others.

We got Ciftci for nothing, as well as Bilate and Lyle Taylor who played on loan at Partick last year signed for Scunthorpe for nowt.

Paying transfer fees in this day and age at a club of our size is a mugs game!

Archived