Dundee United 2014/15 Season

I just want to know who Ola Adeyemo is, the fact that he needs international clearance suggests some kind of George Weah Mvondo Atangana African superstar in the making.

I'm sure I remember reading in a programme a few years back that we'd taken two highly rated Ghanaian youngsters on trial. No idea if it's the same guys though.

Getting quite excited about the possibility of Boyd joining though, could be a very good signing. Don't want to get my hopes up too much as I still think the chances of him coming to us are pretty slim, and there's also the possibility he could turn into another Skacel.

As for the Dillon chat earlier, I reckon he could do well for us next season as long as he gets a proper run of games. He's very much a confidence player. When he was brought in for the odd game last season he was poor but when he got a run in the team at the end of the season he had some of his best performances for a long time.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be interested to see how Jamie Robson gets on. Speak to his mum through work every day & he's over the moon to get a contract. Old man is a huge Kilmarnock fan. Full back I think.

Have spoke to him Twitter a few times. He comes across as a big Kilmarnock fan as well.

Harry SOuttar and Ali Coote to make their debuts this year.

Have spoke to him Twitter a few times. He comes across as a big Kilmarnock fan as well.

Harry SOuttar and Ali Coote to make their debuts this year.

Souttar and Coote haven't even established themselves as regulars in the U20s yet.

They're both still only fifteen and in full time education. I didn't mean regulars or anything. Small cameo towards the end of the season. Will be harder for Souttar since he's more of a defender.

#FuckKrisBoyd

Struggling to disagree.

Should it happen, will there ever have been a more distasteful signing in recent memory? Billy Dodds is the only one I can think of that might've attracted some significant amounts of ugh (not from me, mind), but Boyd would be on another level.

Struggling to disagree.

Should it happen, will there ever have been a more distasteful signing in recent memory? Billy Dodds is the only one I can think of that might've attracted some significant amounts of ugh (not from me, mind), but Boyd would be on another level.

Billy Dodds wasn't like before he signed. In fact that deal involving Winters was very unpopular with fans and look how it turned out. If Boyd were to knock in a few goals he'd soon win people over. It's funny how perceptions can be, but when interviewed Boyd always strikes me as a decent sort of guy. I'll still never forget that League Cup final though.

Billy Dodds wasn't like before he signed. In fact that deal involving Winters was very unpopular with fans and look how it turned out. If Boyd were to knock in a few goals he'd soon win people over. It's funny how perceptions can be, but when interviewed Boyd always strikes me as a decent sort of guy. I'll still never forget that League Cup final though.

Exactly. Dodds was utterly detested by our support prior to his signing, much more so than Boyd. Then he scored three on his full debut...

Boyd would get at least 20 goals for us, I'm sure. Would be a terrific signing.

I'm not convinced he would score a barrowload, and am skeptical that he's the type of player we need. I'd still much rather we put these wages into those experienced, reliable centrebacks we need.

Anyway, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, should the pudding sign. Will be happy to be proven wrong.

I'm not convinced he would score a barrowload, and am skeptical that he's the type of player we need. I'd still much rather we put these wages into those experienced, reliable centrebacks we need.

Anyway, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, should the pudding sign. Will be happy to be proven wrong.

His work rate and movement is much better now, and he'd get excellent service from our attacking midfielders.

Still sceptical that he will sign, though.

Found this on facebook WTF

Who will be United's second signing of the summer? Players linked include... Kris Boyd (Kilmarnock), Andrew Shinnie (ICT), Danny Wilson (Hearts), Scott Allan (WBA), Denny Johnstone (Celtic), Blair Spittal (Queen's Park) and Curtis Good (Newcastle).

Archived