Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

We could have a spot the goal scorer competition and charge £10 a go. No payout guaranteed ;).

Could be circulated to hospitality guests as a competition on matchdays or/and on the club's website where anyone around the globe could technically have a shot but don't know if this would be classified as gambling meaning a licence would be required to do this online.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be circulated to hospitality guests as a competition on matchdays or/and on the club's website where anyone around the globe could technically have a shot but don't know if this would be classified as gambling meaning a licence would be required to do this online.

Oh dear.

Any word on any new signings? We managed to throw it away last time at Easter Road and we have no Fraser or Gallagher this time.

I heard that Ugwu was training with Livi, but looks like he has gone back to Yeovil Town.

We need additions ASAP.

Any word on any new signings? We managed to throw it away last time at Easter Road and we have no Fraser or Gallagher this time.

I heard that Ugwu was training with Livi, but looks like he has gone back to Yeovil Town.

We need additions ASAP.

Well here's the conundrum - you can easily sign some players ASAP albeit in a rush like that you might well just have to make do with lower quality or you can keep trying to get better quality players in which might take you even until the end of the transfer window (and has its own risks notably other clubs gazumping you late on, players don't want to come, or teams not making expected signings so deciding to keep the player you want).

Well here's the conundrum - you can easily sign some players ASAP albeit in a rush like that you might well just have to make do with lower quality or you can keep trying to get better quality players in which might take you even until the end of the transfer window (and has its own risks notably other clubs gazumping you late on, players don't want to come, or teams not making expected signings so deciding to keep the player you want).

I would have thought that players would have been identified a while ago so as soon as the window opened progress could be made one way or another.

Panic buying or no buying is going to see us relegated unless Livi get another points deduction.

We need additions ASAP.

Just as well you posted this. Can just imagine the management team reading it and saying 'i knew there was something we had to do' ;-)

Maybe if Nicholl didn't come out with drivel like 'we have two players lined up but won't quite sign them in time for the Livi game' fans wouldn't be annoyed. Just say f**k all or say 'we are still working hard to bring the right kind of player in' Same thing happened pre season.

I would have thought that players would have been identified a while ago so as soon as the window opened progress could be made one way or another.

Panic buying or no buying is going to see us relegated unless Livi get another points deduction.

Yes you identify players before the window opens but doesn't mean you get them and there's no other clubs interested in them. Don't you think many clubs are looking for strikers?

Maybe if Nicholl didn't come out with drivel like 'we have two players lined up but won't quite sign them in time for the Livi game' fans wouldn't be annoyed. Just say f**k all or say 'we are still working hard to bring the right kind of player in' Same thing happened pre season.

Which paper is your quote 'we have two players lined up but won't quite sign them in time for the Livi game' from?

Which paper is your quote 'we have two players lined up but won't quite sign them in time for the Livi game' from?

I think the annoyance is down to the fact as a club we KNOW we have needed attack minded players for more time than even the window opening. Yet we are now past 2 vital games where that "signing" could have made a difference (we will never know) but if we sign a player with better calibre than a panic signing the likelihood is we still wont win our next 2 games lets be honest.I hope im wrong. Still a lot of footy to be played and loads of points on offer. I just hope jimmy gets this next 1-2 signings right and they make a huge difference to how we perform for the next 3-4 months.

mone the cowden.

Was it true we offered terms to andy barrowman? but he chose townies over cowden??

Archived