Neil Lennon gone / Next Celtic manager

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Larsson's managerial career up until this point hasn't exactly hinted that he's got the potential to manage in the Champions League.

I saw in the Herald that Oscar Garcia, who just left Brighton, has been linked. He'd be interesting, did an OK job at Brighton and won the Israeli league.

I have it 100% guaranteed from a good honest sellikbyraway contact/fan/friend that it's going to be .....................

Someone

Diego Someone? :o

El Cholo

Personally I would like Steve Clarke or Malky Mackay be given the job, though whether we could convince them to come back across the border remains to be seen. If not them, then this Garcia character could be a good move forward. Decent enough track record, always the potential to bring a more continental mentality to the club. To be honest I would take just about anyone before I would take Roy Keane.

If by "interesting" you mean "utterly shite".

Why is it utterly shite? I can think of no manager in the history of Scottish football that's had to put up with what Lennon has.

I'm not saying it's down to him being an Irish catholic, but you can't deny the abuse and attacks makes us look like we live in violent backwater of a nation

He's never far from trouble, both in his professional and personal life.

In my experience, guys like that are never good people.

Proximity to trouble doesnt in itself mean that you are causing the trouble or blameworthy for it. Theres a lot of trouble in afghanistan but doesnt mean wee abdul the butcher is a bad person.

Im not saying lennon is or isnt a p***k but i find your reasoning was invalid

My Primary School Janny who ran the fitba could take over and we'd still win the league.

Hardly a glowing reference for your janny, a half eaten McDonald's Big Mac would lead Celtic to league victory.

I actually think it's a sad reflection of the state of Scottish football that someone like Lennon is willing to leave his role as manager of the club he loves with a guaranteed shot at the CL for the next couple of years whilst, allegedly, not having another job lined up.

If he's left Celtic to manage a second tier team in England that's a bad sign for Scottish football.

I actually think it's a sad reflection of the state of Scottish football that someone like Lennon is willing to leave his role as manager of the club he loves with a guaranteed shot at the CL for the next couple of years whilst, allegedly, not having another job lined up.

If he's left Celtic to manage a second tier team in England that's a bad sign for Scottish football.

No, he left because of a lack on investment in the squad and doubted he could qualify for the CL.

Saying it's all sectarian just panders to the Celtic lowlifes that just want to blame the establishment for all their woes.

No, he left because of a lack on investment in the squad and doubted he could qualify for the CL.

Saying it's all sectarian just panders to the Celtic lowlifes that just want to blame the establishment for all their woes.

I didn't say I believed it was sectarianism that caused him to leave. I'm sure a man like Lennon, growing up in NI, is able to handle the bile that get's thrown at him.

I meant that if guaranteed Champs league games (obviously playing three qualifying rounds isn't great) and managing the club you love isn't enough to keep you in Scotland then it shows just how unattractive it is.

Archived