Neil Lennon gone / Next Celtic manager

No, he left because of a lack on investment in the squad and doubted he could qualify for the CL.

Saying it's all sectarian just panders to the Celtic lowlifes that just want to blame the establishment for all their woes.

I didn't say I believed it was sectarianism that caused him to leave. I'm sure a man like Lennon, growing up in NI, is able to handle the bile that get's thrown at him.

I meant that if guaranteed Champs league games (obviously playing three qualifying rounds isn't great) and managing the club you love isn't enough to keep you in Scotland then it shows just how unattractive it is.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think it's a sad reflection of the state of Scottish football that someone like Lennon is willing to leave his role as manager of the club he loves with a guaranteed shot at the CL for the next couple of years whilst, allegedly, not having another job lined up.

If he's left Celtic to manage a second tier team in England that's a bad sign for Scottish football.

AWRA?

A bad sign? :lol:

We have never been able to compete with England for wages, have you been living under a rock?

I never mentioned wages, did I? It's about prospects. You think it's a good thing that someone would rather leave a club like Celtic to manage a Championship team in England?

I never mentioned wages, did I? It's about prospects. You think it's a good thing that someone would rather leave a club like Celtic to manage a Championship team in England?

You seem very concerned about Neil Lennon?

You seem very concerned about Neil Lennon?

Not really. When did I say anything about being concerned about him? Please point it out to me where I gave that impression.

I didn't really think it was necessary to put a caveat in my post to state that I really couldn't care less about Celtic or Neil Lennon. Or would that have satisfied your paranoia if the first thing I'd done was to show dislike for your mob and your manager? Wake up, buddy, the world isn't out to get you.

I said that I thought it was a bad reflection on Scottish football as a whole.

No, he left because of a lack on investment in the squad and doubted he could qualify for the CL.

Saying it's all sectarian just panders to the Celtic lowlifes that just want to blame the establishment for all their woes.

He never actually said it was "all sectarian" now did he? The fact you jumped to that conclusion shows to me just how quickly we are in this country to try and play down just what happened to Lennon, the whole "he brings it all on himself" mentality.

As I have said before, hating Lennon does not automatically make you a bigot and it is ludicrous to suggest otherwise, but it is equally ludicrous to claim that sectarianism has nothing to do with it, and that Celtic fans are looking to blame the establishment for all our woes as you put it.

"Neil Lennon is, quite simply, the bravest man in Scotland."

Helpful to put that in the first paragraph, great signpost to the veracity and quality of the content to follow. Will read again.

I wouldn't bother arguing, mate. You raise a very valid point but unfortunately some people's baser instincts just can't help surging through in relation to Lennon and so you won't get a reasoned response from them.

Not really. When did I say anything about being concerned about him? Please point it out to me where I gave that impression.

The fact that you made an alias to discuss Neil Lennon is a dead give away to be honest.

He never actually said it was "all sectarian" now did he? The fact you jumped to that conclusion shows to me just how quickly we are in this country to try and play down just what happened to Lennon, the whole "he brings it all on himself" mentality.

As I have said before, hating Lennon does not automatically make you a bigot and it is ludicrous to suggest otherwise, but it is equally ludicrous to claim that sectarianism has nothing to do with it, and that Celtic fans are looking to blame the establishment for all our woes as you put it.

The newspaper article makes out to be all sectarian.
The columnist writes what people want to read.
The bravest man in Scotland lol. The Celtic fans lap it up and the hand-wringers hate it, but both ultimately read it.

The newspaper article makes out to be all sectarian.
The columnist writes what people want to read.
The bravest man in Scotland lol. The Celtic fans lap it up and the hand-wringers hate it, but both ultimately read it.

Yes, but you never quoted the article did you, you quoted the The Rangers fan on here.

I'm the first to admit there was times when Lennon did let himself and the club down with his behaviour, and whilst I don't agree word for word with what the article says it covers a lot of truths and I think that's what seems to get to people, the fact that it all just can't be blamed on Lennon.

The bravest man in Scotland :lol:

Managing a football team and being paid handsomely for it, total nightmare.

:rolleyes:

Aye the bullets and bombs were just a perk with the job.

Bravest man in Scotland is pushing it a tad to be fair, but I am struggling to think of any other manager who has had to deal with what Lennon went through, and struggling to think of another manager who could see it out.

:rolleyes:

Aye the bullets and bombs were just a perk with the job.

Bravest man in Scotland is pushing it a tad to be fair, but I am struggling to think of any other manager who has had to deal with what Lennon went through, and struggling to think of another manager who could see it out.

Brace yourself for the "brought it on himself" patter. 8)

There has been a flood of money for Owen Coyle. Now 4/7 wi Paddy Power. Somebody should tell Anthony Stokes to stop posting stuff about not wanting Coyle on facebook. Hardly the way to welcome a new manager.

Archived