Heart of Midlothian 2014-

He is though and he'll bring us more creativity from midfield.

Levein knows how to get the best of him. I see this very much like a Paul Hartley type of signing.

He's not. Doesn't score many goals, not fit enough for 90 minutes and nothing like Hartley in terms of paying style.

He'd be a bench filler imo

He's not. Doesn't score many goals, not fit enough for 90 minutes and nothing like Hartley in terms of paying style.

He'd be a bench filler imo

King, Nicholson and Walker have only really done it for a season in the Championship, Swanson has played at a decent level and was integral to Dundee Utd's cup win. St Johnstone fans also seem disappointed at losing him.

Doubts over his fitness certainly. What I meant by the Hartley thing is that he is a player coming off the back of a disappointing period with something to prove. Certainly has ability.

Yep, the same amount of times as John McGinn, the only other player in the squad who's captained them.

The way you guys were going on earlier in this thread about his value and being U21 captain I thought it might have been an official thing. Seems they were just giving him a wee shot.

The way you guys were going on earlier in this thread about his value and being U21 captain I thought it might have been an official thing. Seems they were just giving him a wee shot.

The way you're going on would make it seem like he wasn't captain? I'm not gonna sit here and argue the fact. He captained the side in the competitive fixture before the statement was made, fair enough to assume at youth level he'd be captain again.

The way you're going on would make it seem like he wasn't captain? I'm not gonna sit here and argue the fact. He captained the side in the competitive fixture before the statement was made, fair enough to assume at youth level he'd be captain again.

Being captain for one game doesn't give you the title as U21 captain like you guys were making out, the same way I'm not gonna start saying John McGinn is the U21 captain because he had a shot.

Being captain for one game doesn't give you the title as U21 captain like you guys were making out, the same way I'm not gonna start saying John McGinn is the U21 captain because he had a shot.

Put it this way, it's either going to be McGinn or McGhee that's captain in the next game I'd imagine.

But who cares anyway. McGhee is still a Hearts player, and will be until the end of the season at least more than likely.

King, Nicholson and Walker have only really done it for a season in the Championship, Swanson has played at a decent level and was integral to Dundee Utd's cup win. St Johnstone fans also seem disappointed at losing him.

Doubts over his fitness certainly. What I meant by the Hartley thing is that he is a player coming off the back of a disappointing period with something to prove. Certainly has ability.

The only thing he did that was integral to that cup run was getting subbed off at Ibrox when they were 3-1 down, allowing them to get a grip in midfield and snatch a draw.

As for this 'most talented player I've worked with',comment from Levein, it certainly didn't help him get many starts as well over half his appearances were as a sub.

I don't think he's shite, but I dint think he plays in a position that we are needing a player.

Seems to me you were trying to convince everyone you weren't after another defender, you wanted a left winger. Then went and signed another defender.

It short, you really don't have a clue what's going on regarding transfers, same with the Swanson situation.

I was saying we wouldnt be signing another defender that would take up part of the budget, as a left winger was the top priortiy. We signed a defender that wasnt taking up any of the budget and went after a left winger......

Durr.....

Sarry about that..

Didn't RG also team up with the_saints_are_coming to pretend we were signing Stevie May and fail spectacularly? You'd have thought the St Johnstone diddies would have learnt not to troll the big hitters of the forum by now :(

Still not sure what you're trying to get it at here, that one newspaper linked us with McGregor, and I said it would make no sense to sign him. Something backed up by the fact we didnt sign anyone like him.

The Stevie May thing was something we pulled on Rangers, Aberdeen and Dundee fans, as a joke. Sorry if we made you feel special.

Wonder if the Hearts fans would be saying he's at Walker and Nicholson's level if we had chosen to sign him :lol:

But he clearly wants nothing to do with your utter joke of a club.

So that's this one cleared up.