Heart of Midlothian 2014-

So effectively we'll not stand in their way if they can get a move as we can't guarantee them first team starts. Fair enough, makes it a bit different from actively trying to move them on which is how Banderson was spinning it on Tuesday.

Still think we should be keeping Robinson for cover anyway.

I wonder if it might be the case the the coaching staff have just reached the conclusion that neither are quite up to the standard that they're looking for, and have decided to let them go, irrespective of issues of cover, etc. Maybe more was expected of them when they started the recent cup game at Livi? Dinnae ken, likes.

As mcu as I'd like to see Holt keep playing, I'd rather we used him deeper as part of a double pivot and kept two upfront, as we are a lot more direct and clinical up top. Against Hibs, you just had to see the difference it made when Oliver came on. Having all three in the middle against Rangers would be the exception however.

If we were in the SPFL, I'd would agree with you there, but I would say that if these youngsters are not good enough to be squad players in the Championship, the chances are they probably won't be good enough for us at.

Totally agree with the first paragraph re Holt, but how do we fit in Gomis, Holt, and Buaben, who has been excellent? Tough call between Buaben and Holt.

I'm not really questioning whether McKirdy, Flanagan, Beith, Roy, etc are good enough - maybe just whether they have the physicality, and possibly the mentality for it yet.

Totally agree with the first paragraph re Holt, but how do we fit in Gomis, Holt, and Buaben, who has been excellent? Tough call between Buaben and Holt.

I'm not really questioning whether McKirdy, Flanagan, Beith, Roy, etc are good enough - maybe just whether they have the physicality, and possibly the mentality for it yet.

Very tough call. I'd say it's no concidence that Buaben was put on only a one year contract. My take on it was having Buaben and Gomis together with a view of Holt ousting Buaben over the season. I think the great thing is though is that Buaben has kicked on, and is getting more confident with every game he's played so far.

Rumours floating about that Smith is signing for us.

Would make sense - honestly don't think the guy is going to cut it in the SPL and he isn't going to get regular game time for us in the Championship...good luck to the guy wherever he ends up.

This is what worries me regarding the younger guys. McKirdy and Beith might be technically gifted, but if we had injuries going into a derby or game against Rangers I'd definitely have concerns over whether they'd be ready for the step up physically.

Hopefully it's not a scenario that plays out at any rate and we can bring them in and expose them to first team football gradually.

This is what worries me regarding the younger guys. McKirdy and Beith might be technically gifted, but if we had injuries going into a derby or game against Rangers I'd definitely have concerns over whether they'd be ready for the step up physically.

Hopefully it's not a scenario that plays out at any rate and we can bring them in and expose them to first team football gradually.

I agree, they'd be targeted by thugs like Jig and Boyd etc, and would no doubt end up on the receiving end of a yellow card or two to boot. I'm extremely excited at the potential of McKirdy, looks like he could be a top top player in the future with the right coaching and guidance.

I agree, they'd be targeted by thugs like Jig and Boyd etc, and would no doubt end up on the receiving end of a yellow card or two to boot. I'm extremely excited at the potential of McKirdy, looks like he could be a top top player in the future with the right coaching and guidance.

Mckirdy looks good but as you said he looks to be very slight in build, Black would have the poor lad snapped in half.

Word on the street is we have Lewis Toshney on trial. Sounds like we're trying to get another RB in for cover as Liam Smith could be going out on loan to East Fife.

Rumours were floating about he was training to get fit and trying to prove he was fit enough for Hartley; if he's going to you guys then he's failed in his fitness quest I'd imagine.

Scott Robinson linked with us, kind of player is he?

The Hearts support is pretty much split on Robinson - some fans just don't see what he has to offer.

He's a grafter, but probably flies into tackles at times when he'd be better staying on his feet, and jockying his opponent. He is able to retain posession much of the time, and keep the ball moving, but he's not the guy that'll split a defence with a pass.