Heart of Midlothian 2014-

McGhee has played less than McLeod or MxGrandles did but he's playing in a position where it's much more difficult to establish yourself. He's literally just turned 19, has 2 years on his deal and there's no need to sell. We know Ipswich have money as they just got £8m for their own young centre half and turned down a multi million pound bid for Murphy.

Why should we bend over and take a bid in the low 6 figures for the Scotland u21 captain? It's why Scottish clubs in general toil for fees as we take anything that's chucked at us from down south. We shouldn't accept anything less than 750k IMO.

The problem is though, the vast majority of scottish players who do go down south end up back in scotland within a couple of years or so. Stevie May ran riot in the spl but has struggled, fraser fyvie, scott allan, danny wilson are recent others i can think of but there's loads more. Teams just don't spend any more than £1 million for anything other than an exceptional prospect just now from scotland other than probably celtic

McGhee, as is pretty apparent, is not a fixture in our team and with the signings we've made over the summer, his opportunities will be pretty limited.. If he was indeed that good, he would be playing consistently.

If we receive a bid of around £500k we should sell him. He's not going to progress playing in the u-20s.

The problem is though, the vast majority of scottish players who do go down south end up back in scotland within a couple of years or so. Stevie May ran riot in the spl but has struggled, fraser fyvie, scott allan, danny wilson are recent others i can think of but there's loads more. Teams just don't spend any more than £1 million for anything other than an exceptional prospect just now from scotland other than probably celtic

McGhee, as is pretty apparent, is not a fixture in our team and with the signings we've made over the summer, his opportunities will be pretty limited.. If he was indeed that good, he would be playing consistently.

If we receive a bid of around £500k we should sell him. He's not going to progress playing in the u-20s.

But for those players there's a Ryan Fraser,Johnny Russell, Craig Bryson or Craig Forsyth who go down and make themselves fixtures so teams know there's bargains up here. And the only reason there's a certain level they spend is because clubs accept it. If we stay firm and ask for £750k, the extra £250k isn't going to burst the bank for them and if it was a league two player they were trying to sign they wouldn't even try and pull a fast one.

But for those players there's a Ryan Fraser,Johnny Russell, Craig Bryson or Craig Forsyth who go down and make themselves fixtures so teams know there's bargains up here. And the only reason there's a certain level they spend is because clubs accept it. If we stay firm and ask for £750k, the extra £250k isn't going to burst the bank for them and if it was a league two player they were trying to sign they wouldn't even try and pull a fast one.

Certainly others have moved, there are exceptions and obviously the more we get the better but considering his current status at the club, i think holding out for anything other than £400/500k is unjustified. Unfortunately the general financial situation of scottish clubs is weaker than league 2 in england and until we produce a higher level of players and have a stronger domestic league, we cant demand over the odds for players who in the main, don't succeed in england.

See these folk who are happy to take almost any offer of 6 figures :lol: absolute diddies.

Some people can't seem to understand the fact that there's been precedents set from other transfers, or the fact that he's currently the Scotland under 21s captain, not just first choice centre back. He's highly rated by the Scotland management set up. If Rangers and Falkirk can get £1m for a player who's played no games in the Scottish top flight then we're quite right to hold out for as much as we can get. We won't get £1m, I think everyone knows that, but we should be pushing it as close to that as possible. Some folk also don't seem to understand that we don't have to sell players at the moment, so why should we accept offers that we deem to be derisory?

Cardiff paid seven figures for fucking Eoin Doyle last season. I don't think I'd feel bad about asking for £1m. I doubt we'll get that but then I don't really want to see us sell him anyway.

The seven figures must include two for the 99p after the poundage dot.

Because Ipswich could tell his agent they'll multiply his wages by five times what Hearts will offer, and theres not a chance his head wouldnt be turned.

£300k-£500k, an add on for promotion and then a sell on percentage seems a great deal, and certainly seems worth it for a youngster who wont play a major part and is also out of contract soon.

They're only going to offer that kind of deal if he's broken into the first team and is delivering performances that fulfil his current potential. If we get that out of him instead of the money that's not such a bad eventuality.