Heart of Midlothian 2014-

8 hours ago, Elixir said:

World War I undoubtedly stopped a great Hearts team in its tracks, which would have won at least one league title and possibly the Scottish Cup if it was held.

But then we wouldn't have the most noble story of any club in world history, as Field Marshal Bobby Walker led the charge of the light brigade over the top on that famous July morning in 1916. Nor would he have returned to France to storm the beaches of Normandy and liberate Europe from Nazi tyranny three decades later.

It's a well known fact that Kaiser Willhelm was Dons daft

8 hours ago, Elixir said:

World War I undoubtedly stopped a great Hearts team in its tracks, which would have won at least one league title and possibly the Scottish Cup if it was held.

But then we wouldn't have the most noble story of any club in world history, as Field Marshal Bobby Walker led the charge of the light brigade over the top on that famous July morning in 1916. Nor would he have returned to France to storm the beaches of Normandy and liberate Europe from Nazi tyranny three decades later.

Hearts should really add World War I to their honours. 

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

To go with our 1902 world Championship

Not as prestigious as The Hands Across The North Sea Oil Fields Annual Challenge Diddy Cup Trophy Plate, IMHO

14 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

This is new-fangled stuff.  Only about 6 of us remember Quiz Ball - the first episode can be seen here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02mbcsf

Your team also appeared but we only get a short clip: 

I remember Quiz Ball - when Dave Smith appeared for Rangers he spoke twice, IIRC - "Hello" and "Goodbye".

11 minutes ago, Jake Burns said:

Tony Watt is to return to Charlton Athletic, with his loan spell at Hearts cut short and Addicks manager Karl Robinson demanding an apology.

The 23-year-old Scotland striker has only scored once in 17 appearances for the Scottish Premiership club.

But Robinson says Watt will be back at the English League One club in days.

"Tony has to come back an apologise for certain things and then endear himself to the fans and to me and to the club," he told Charlton's website.

"What is going to happen with Tony Watt is that he is going to come in and I'm going to run the legs off of him.

"I'm going to make him sweat, make him cry and I want to see whether he has got the desire to play for me and this club.

"That is the top and bottom of it. There have been a lot of questions about Tony, his mentality and desire, but no-one in this football world has ever questioned his talent."

Watt has not played for Charlton, who he joined from Standard Liege in January 2015, since the following November.

He was decent at the start of his loan spell then he kind of flopped toward the end, always felt he would be better suited with another striker along side him

Great pity about Watt, his ability is second to none, but he is an old tanner baw player who forgets to pass.

He was the same at Celtic, but got more coverage as he was with one of the Uglies.

If he can still be taught that there are 11 players on his team and use them he could still be a really good player.