Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Levein confirms Prince will leave at the end of the season.  He's fell out the picture and we need to get rid of some of the deadwood so it's the right move, but he done us a good turn, in particular in the Championship and is a good guy, wish him well.

Levein confirms Prince will leave at the end of the season.  He's fell out the picture and we need to get rid of some of the deadwood so it's the right move, but he done us a good turn, in particular in the Championship and is a good guy, wish him well.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet prince;
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

1 hour ago, supersons said:

I heard a deal for David Templeton to return is basically done, not sure if that is a good move or not

As long as we re-sign Milinkovic as well, I'd be happy with that. Some players click at certain clubs.

The two Daves.

16 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Imagine trying to read the semiliterate nonsense, in-jokes, banter and atroshus spelling that makes up P&B in a different language

It's hard enough to pick up sarcasm in English

Oh, indeed.

Just for clarity, I wasn't being, like, sarcarstic - not that I'm saying you were saying I was, ;)

Great news re Cochrane.

Agree with the decisions to let Prince, Randall, and Todorov go - I expected Beith and Ally Roy to leave as well - that might still happen, mind. 

Surprised that we're letting Paton go, as I'd heard goo things about him.

I wouldn't be giving Hughes another year - I'd rather the wage went on a player that would be available most weeks. 

I's say the same about MacLean's wage, mind.

After a succession of poor transfer windows, Levein surely has to get this one right - with the signings of MacLean and the guy from Cambridge, I'm not convinced we're off to the best of starts.

I'm aware that I'm being a miserable c**t, but there we are.

It'd be massive for next season if we can keep Mitchell and Milinkovic. Hopefully Adao and Naismith stay too along with keeping Mr Ulsterman. It's time we tried to keep the core of decent players together and ditch the dead wood. Delighted with Cochrane deal sorted out. 

Prince out the door thankfully - not nearly good enough for the top end of the Premiership.  

We need a big game player in the midfield now in the Rudi mould and a winger then we will be a decent side. 

2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Great news re Cochrane.

Agree with the decisions to let Prince, Randall, and Todorov go - I expected Beith and Ally Roy to leave as well - that might still happen, mind. 

Surprised that we're letting Paton go, as I'd heard goo things about him.

I wouldn't be giving Hughes another year - I'd rather the wage went on a player that would be available most weeks. 

I's say the same about MacLean's wage, mind.

After a succession of poor transfer windows, Levein surely has to get this one right - with the signings of MacLean and the guy from Cambridge, I'm not convinced we're off to the best of starts.

I'm aware that I'm being a miserable c**t, but there we are.

Tbf to Maclean, the only games he misses for us are Killie and Hamilton away, he's rarely injured

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

He will be 36 by August, though.

Yes, and he was 35 this year. You're putting far too much stock in a number, he's probably missed the least amount of games in our squad over the past three seasons. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, and he was 35 this year. You're putting far too much stock in a number, he's probably missed the least amount of games in our squad over the past three seasons. 

Just in case you don't know, 36 is a higher number than 35, which means he's a year older than he was this time last year.

Can I ask you this, please: based on last season's performance, and the fact that he's nearly 36, would you have offered MacLean a two year deal?

30 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Just in case you don't know, 36 is a higher number than 35, which means he's a year older than he was this time last year.

Can I ask you this, please: based on last season's performance, and the fact that he's nearly 36, would you have offered MacLean a two year deal?

We're not on about the length of deal, you seemed to be suggesting he'll miss games next season because of his age. All I'm saying is that its highly unlikely because over the past few seasons you could count the number of injuries hes had on one hand.

We wouldn't have offered him a two year deal, but thats mainly because he was regressing and we simply dont have the budget to have him, Kane, McMillan and another first team quality striker.

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're not on about the length of deal, you seemed to be suggesting he'll miss games next season because of his age. All I'm saying is that its highly unlikely because over the past few seasons you could count the number of injuries hes had on one hand.

We wouldn't have offered him a two year deal, but thats mainly because he was regressing and we simply dont have the budget to have him, Kane, McMillan and another first team quality striker.

Your point about limited budgets is the issue - I'd rather the wage went on a safer bet, and I'm assuming MacLean won't have much in the way of pace these days?

Goes without saying that, if  signing MacLean turns out to be a smart move, I'll be delighted - I do like him as a player.