Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really pleased about the win today as other posts state fought well to get the winning goal and to be honest they have played some great football and scored some amazing goals on the run of 3games a week for the last month (burnt a whole in my pocket getting to these games ) one more game on Monday in the cup and a wee win would be great well done to the rose support that have turned up at the games one more push then rest 3rd in the league I would say is about right when you take in the results of the 2teams that are above the rose

Penicuik, HOB and Broxburn at home and armadale and fauldhouse away were the results that did the damage.

Nittin/Boness and others can also point too games where they dropped unexpected points.

At the end of the day Kelty were most consistent team and deservedly won the league.

Too list 5 games where u dropped points is the same as other teams.

Very tough competitive league and you werent good enough.

Lose 2/3 of your so called big name players with massive egos and replace them with good solid junior players and youll be no far away next year.

Br an interesting summer at Prestonfield but the signing of Alex King few months back is type of player you need. Sacrifice a wee bit quality for hard working honest players goes far in Junior Fitbaw

Nittin/Boness and others can also point too games where they dropped unexpected points.

At the end of the day Kelty were most consistent team and deservedly won the league.

Lose 2/3 of your so called big name players with massive egos and replace them with good solid junior players and youll be no far away next year.

Br an interesting summer at Prestonfield but the signing of Alex King few months back is type of player you need. Sacrifice a wee bit quality for hard working honest players goes far in Junior Fitbaw

Pretty harsh on Alex, he has always been a cracking player when ive seen him. I dont see him having any less quality than the midfielders we currently have.

Yes a lot of teams can point to games where points were lost - the difference (no disrespect intended) linlithgow, Bo'ness and Bonnyrigg were most people's favourites to win.

So going by that logic the games referred to are possibly bigger shocks than points others may have lost.

Over the season - Kelty were the best team - they also had breaks which helped this year Rose/Bo'ness playing SFA cup games allowed them to gather points. It will be interesting to see how they cope with the added pressures this brings - the financial gain is great but it can also affect your season on the junior front.

Alex King is a quality signing and will be a major player for us.

Penicuik, HOB and Broxburn at home and armadale and fauldhouse away were the results that did the damage.

You can't win them all. I reckon it was the 6 pointers that cost you the league. Had the Rose beaten the BU's and Kelty at Prestonfield you only needed 1 more teensy weensy point to win the league.

You can't win them all. I reckon it was the 6 pointers that cost you the league. Had the Rose beaten the BU's and Kelty at Prestonfield you only needed 1 more teensy weensy point to win the league.

Agreed. You need to take points off your rivals.

Is your child posting for you these days - As I totally agree with this post

Sauchie game on tv cannae beat it, Mon the Rose.

A total farce from start to finish.

We were on our way to the game and took a call just before the Kincardine Bridge to be told the game is off. A good few Rose supporters were not as lucky and missed it completely.

Poor Show from someone

The East juniors page says the rescheduled game is on Saturday at 2.30 but as far as I knew Hill of Beath play Boness or Dundonald in a cup final there on Saturday.

That game has been moved.we are defo at sauchie.

The East juniors page says the rescheduled game is on Saturday at 2.30 but as far as I knew Hill of Beath play Boness or Dundonald in a cup final there on Saturday.

Could do a double header ????????

Hope they do the decent thing on Saturday & make it free for everyone after that total diabolical farce last night?

Once again fans have just been taken for granted, our supporters club will probably be faced with a bill for a bus they didn't use, & fans who did make it through the floods, were short changed with a incomplete game, just not good enough.

I sincerely hope the Rose committee are taking the east juniors to task over this?

Hope they do the decent thing on Saturday & make it free for everyone after that total diabolical farce last night?

Once again fans have just been taken for granted, our supporters club will probably be faced with a bill for a bus they didn't use, & fans who did make it through the floods, were short changed with a incomplete game, just not good enough.

I sincerely hope the Rose committee are taking the east juniors to task over this?

The game was clearly in doubt from before kick off. As someone phoned the supporters club to inform them the game was off (prematurely as it turns out). By the time the final decision to play was made came to late for many supporters who travelled and had returned home thinking it was off.

As one who made it to the game I'm not that fussed about it being free. The clubs have overheads to manage and the ref deemed the pitch playable until he deemed that it wasn't. I'd rather cough up than have my club lose money given it's only a fiver.

On the postponement call, I think there would need to be an understanding of how such a call could be made before taking anyone to task. Was the game ever in fact postponed? If it was then there are questions to answer but if someone picked up the wrong end of the stick from within the Linlithgow contingent then that's our own error to manage.

The game , according to the Sauchie guys on the gate, was postponed at some stage.

Take the point about clubs having overheads, but I still think at most there should be just a nominal charge at the gate to cover those costs & EJFA covering the cost of the Officals and paying the cost of the bus for the Rose fans.

Someone has to be held accountable for the farce or fans will tire of being taken for a ride & stop going. RANT OVER.

The game , according to the Sauchie guys on the gate, was postponed at some stage.

Take the point about clubs having overheads, but I still think at most there should be just a nominal charge at the gate to cover those costs & EJFA covering the cost of the Officals and paying the cost of the bus for the Rose fans.

Someone has to be held accountable for the farce or fans will tire of being taken for a ride & stop going. RANT OVER.

As much as I was annoyed at missing out. I realise the mistake was genuine - but assume that at some point prior to the game it must have been off. So if anybody is to blame it probably was the Ref for not being decisive from the start?

Archived