Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's disappointing the way Lithgae have went about this business with Danny, when some of the committee starts to undermine the managers as has happened with the last two it's time for changes at the club.

The fans especially FOLR are the only people who can do this, it's time for them to get onboard the committee and make the changes that are required to get the club back on track. The only way you'll get these people out is by joining the committee or by starving the club of funds.

It's not right for guys who have given their best as players then as managers to be treated this way, it was terrible when it happened to mark, but for it to happen again with Danny is shocking.

The FOLR guys set up the group as they didnt have the time to be on the committee. Most work round the country/europe and arent around during the week because of this and they are have families to see.

don't know if it's already been mentioned on here but i tried to get on Linlithgow's website this morning and it said that the website is no longer active ;)

The website was run by one person who has put a hell of a lot of time and effort into it. Also all cost associated with it were funded out his pocket.

Not a shock that mcglynn has been appointed given that he was first choice of the power brokers before they were over ruled by the committee to select Danny!

Since then Danny had no chance as the petulance started from day one from inside and out of the dressing room.

Only surprise is that it took two days for mcglynn to be confirmed.

As the season has finished I would think it's safe to assume that the manager had identified who he wants for nxt season but with no news on any signings it would also suggest the secretary/club appears to have not acted on it (and I would think now won't move on any of the prospects as new guy will have own ideas) I guess the writing was on the wall for Danny from the start.

Absolutely disgraceful situation just now both inside the dressing room and off pitch. I like, speak to and support these players at every step and if they have now shafted TWO managers then they can clear out and never come back! I will still be there in 20 years watching MY team, will they ever bother to come back?

True legends of the club still come to watch our once great club and to treat someone like Tank in the way he has is disgraceful! Comments were made that folr cld arrange it, it's not for them to do it, that's not why it was set up? It's not there to do all the jobs the club don't want to!

Folr have opened up new commercial opportunities that the club were not willing to entertain and still operate with a hand tied behind their back under draconian rules about taking someone's 50p away from the raffle!

Who else puts in £10k into a club without the club having to do a thing for it!?

Happy to take the money but not listen to the fans.......

Once I used to compare the Barça motto to the rose - more than a club! .... not now.

As much as it pains me, I never thought I'd ever be critical of our committee with all they've done to make the club what it is. Sure, over the years the three amigos lived in their own wee world but things seem to have taken a noticeable downturn since the arrival of JH.

The way Mark Bradley, Stuart McArthur and now Danny have been treated is nothing short of a disgrace.

Who comes in as manager now? Who would want to? Is what was once one of the top jobs in junior football now a seen as a poisoned chalice?

The AGM should be interesting.

I agree wholeheartedly - the evidence that things have changed for the worst are piling up. As a committee it was always said if people were found to be leaking information then they would (quite rightly) be asked to resign.

Yet recent evidence that information is leaking from the Falkirk Area has not been dealt with - "El Mole" is clearly being fed information from within the upper tiers of committee. Unless it's a player who is feeding the information - but given the most recent insights it would point more to a committee source.

When some committee members and certain players collude with each other to bring down the manager there can only be one loser. Who is the next fool to dive into the Prestonfield toxic cesspit .

Correct - I have factual evidence backed by emails from a witness who I trust of 2 incidents involving a senior committee man. Incident 1 at Bathgate - Danny was openly criticised by a senior committee man. Incident 2 - the same senior committee man was again bad mouthing Danny to a Rose Player. Committee are entitled to opinions as well - but such opinions shouldn't be made to players or openly in public unless you have your own personal agenda

It's disappointing the way Lithgae have went about this business with Danny, when some of the committee starts to undermine the managers as has happened with the last two it's time for changes at the club.

The fans especially FOLR are the only people who can do this, it's time for them to get onboard the committee and make the changes that are required to get the club back on track. The only way you'll get these people out is by joining the committee or by starving the club of funds.

It's not right for guys who have given their best as players then as managers to be treated this way, it was terrible when it happened to mark, but for it to happen again with Danny is shocking.

I have followed the Rose for over 40 years - 20 on Committee and have never known a time like this. Every story has 2 sides to it and maybe things aren't as black and white as it seems.

But unfortunately the evidence of wrongdoings is so strong and trails which lead back to the same place - only lead to one conclusion. Sadly these conclusions are largely being ignored or tolerated?

The Rose posters were speculating towards Coughlin - yet the first mention of McGlynn comes from a Poster from the Falkirk area - putting 2 fingers up to the Rose support and further rubbing our noses in the mud. The information could only come from or been provided by a very limited number of people (no more than 5 people).

I run buses to games - partake in player sponsorship - donate to FOLR and advertise in their programmes and after 40 years as a Rose supporter I am saying to myself enough. I am heart broken at the way the club I love has been acting (unless they can convince me otherwise that the evidence I have is wrong) that I genuinely don't see myself being a regular next season.

David McGlynn is a chap who I know well and indeed like both as a person and a manager - but sadly through no fault of his own isn't going to arrive to fanfare and good wishes.

I don't think its dramatic to say that theres a very high chance that Linlithgow could lose their whole online presence through Twitter, Facebook and the Webpage and £10,000 per year through FOLR in the next month.

Thats a dark hour for the club. We have acted with no class for a couple of years through Bradley's resignation, Danny's appointment, Accusing Camelon of gate rigging, Stuart McArthurs Testamonial, Danny's Resignation and now McGlynns appointment.

What the hell is going on behind the scenes at Prestonfield?

If that was the case it would be highly disrespectful to both the Manager and the player - and knowing how professional our Committee are then that would be a highly unlikely (and unpopular) situation to have occurred.

So Victor jog on with the mischief making!!

Auld Heid, it was only a few days ago you were telling us all how professional your committee were and they wouldn't go behind your managers back, now your on here claiming that the club is changing for the worst and it's the people within the club to blame. Make up your mind!!! Just remember whenever someone comments about another club, it's not always just to make mischief, sometimes it's fact!!

On a side note, not surprised Danny away, wasn't getting the results required at a side like Lithgae. Davie has done well at lesser clubs than Lithgae so deserves a chance, be a bit different though for him and pressure is already on to produce.

Aw the best to him and the club.

Auld Heid, it was only a few days ago you were telling us all how professional your committee were and they wouldn't go behind your managers back, now your on here claiming that the club is changing for the worst and it's the people within the club to blame. Make up your mind!!! Just remember whenever someone comments about another club, it's not always just to make mischief, sometimes it's fact!!

On a side note, not surprised Danny away, wasn't getting the results required at a side like Lithgae. Davie has done well at lesser clubs than Lithgae so deserves a chance, be a bit different though for him and pressure is already on to produce.

Aw the best to him and the club.

Not all replies are genuine some are written for another reason.

The part about professional was written because the site is monitored . The use of the word was tongue in cheek "Professional" was deliberately used to be critical of their actions.

Mcglynn comes into a no win situation, most fans still wanted Danny in charge so already he is starting behind the line.

Do well and the fans will cheer, do badly and I don't expect there to be so much patience...

It's not his fault but he'll be viewed as the power brokers (dare I say) puppet until he can prove otherwise.

I don't think its dramatic to say that theres a very high chance that Linlithgow could lose their whole online presence through Twitter, Facebook and the Webpage and £10,000 per year through FOLR in the next month.

Thats a dark hour for the club. We have acted with no class for a couple of years through Bradley's resignation, Danny's appointment, Accusing Camelon of gate rigging, Stuart McArthurs Testamonial, Danny's Resignation and now McGlynns appointment.

What the hell is going on behind the scenes at Prestonfield?

I think this post is spot on. It just shows even a well oiled machine one change can derail it.

I may have had run ins with rose people but guys like rosey posey may not get on with him may not like him but work hard to keep things like the website going and i respect these people for that. Same with the friends of linlithgow rose you got to respect the fact that they were able to raise that money and obviously the powers that be are taking it for granted.

Can see your point bf about hurting them by staying away.but probably like myself.fans go to watch THEIR team.a walk out at halftime would be an option.

A walk in at half time would be better. At least that way they won't get any money.

A walk in at half time would be better. At least that way they won't get any money.

Why hurt the club as a whole though.we like any junior club need funds to keep going.anyway Il still be buying a season ticket so theyl already have my money ????.

Why hurt the club as a whole though.we like any junior club need funds to keep going.anyway Il still be buying a season ticket so theyl already have my money .

Is somebody not already trying to hurt the club anyway? The only way we're going to get a result is to cut our inputs. Then the powers that be who are treating everybody with contempt will realise that they do need us after all.

Why hurt the club as a whole though.we like any junior club need funds to keep going.anyway Il still be buying a season ticket so theyl already have my money .

I sympathise with this completely - but unless things improve a lot more good people are going to disengage completely with the club (more than a few have already taking the first steps).

When an organisation such as FOLR feel as strong to probably go into abeyance (obviously their members will make the final decision - but I think the writing is already on the wall) that shows you the level of disharmony - when Rose people through and through would contemplate depriving the club of £10k per annum.

The committee whilst having no need to engage with anyone - would be unwise not to address the growing disharmony. Nobody is winning out of this situation only losers - the biggest one being the Club we love.

Today I enquired about a season ticket for Ibrox that is how badly I feel

I sympathise with this completely - but unless things improve a lot more good people are going to disengage completely with the club (more than a few have already taking the first steps).

When an organisation such as FOLR feel as strong to probably go into abeyance (obviously their members will make the final decision - but I think the writing is already on the wall) that shows you the level of disharmony - when Rose people through and through would contemplate depriving the club of £10k per annum.

The committee whilst having no need to engage with anyone - would be unwise not to address the growing disharmony. Nobody is winning out of this situation only losers - the biggest one being the Club we love.

Today I enquired about a season ticket for Ibrox that is how badly I feel

Yup,just what they need in the Broomloan stand next season,another suicidal pensioner with more mood swings than Homer Simpson. :huh:

Or,and here's an idea,why don't the good guys at the club just get together and remove the couple of bad apples who abuse their own players on a weekly basis ( why would anyone tolerate that,btw?) and place obstacles in the manager's way,with the end result that their club isn't allowed to perform to its potential?

The fact that Davie McGlynn was approached after the first semi final tie shows what your committee are really like. Oh and they approached him before the committee meeting the other night.

Horrendous behaviour.

so they approached him before asking for Bonnyrigg`s permission, a take it Davie didnt have any kind of contract with Bonnyrigg that that was ok for to happen?

Archived