Celtic European Campaign 2014-15

TheGreenMonster

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As predicted Celtc look to be going through.

Can't help but think they're both distinctly average teams at this level but surely Celtc will have enough to see them off at home. Good to see Gordon keeping pretty solidly and the kid McGregor looks like he might be a player.

I'd argue Celtic should have won tonight, but it's a good result regardless and should see them progress to the next round as I can't see them getting beat at Parkhead.

Saw the goal McGregor again 0 0 and your through you should win it though did Forest play?

Nope he's injured. That's why we brought tonev (also injured), berget (looks more like a centre forward or a different type of "chris commons" player to me, tidy and with fitness will improve, helped set up McGregor for goal) and tried to get Wakasu Mobarak in for tonight. Boeriggter has talent but is lazy, generally useless, dives and is soft, but he does have nice skill if all that other shit doesn't get in the way lol.

Forest our most creative player at European level but always injured which is a problem. M'cGregor however looks like a tidy skilful player with a great engine. Without being technically a messi type player he looks like he will be a top top player in terms of effectiveness and getting goals as he gets into good positions, good finishing too. He also appears to have the athleticism for the modern game and I could see him moving to a mid range or slightly higher premiership club and scoring a lot at that level too, but not really going to create as many chances for others as Forest does in Europe or Commons does at spl level. 3 Away goals in Europe now for McGregor can't be too far behind the decent but over rated Gary Hooper's 3 year goal tally in Europe...

I'd get Stokes to f**k, he does my head in. Get Griffiths on for the 2nd half.

I liked Griffiths but he doesn't really suit Ronnie's system and I'd like to see him put in as much effort chasing defenders as Stokes did tonight. Finally when he tried the one time to get back and help out when opposition had ball, he gave away a free kick did Griffiths when his man was going nowhere. Still want us to sign a talented number 10 striker I don't care if we haven't heard of him but they must look good in Europe too not just SPL level.Pigs may fly of course... 4 years no striker signed that has been clearly that number 10 type, I include hooper who whilst good was still more often than not out classed in Europe, finding the athletic, fast and good finishing with good close control strikers aint easy it appears. (tho SOW from hearts looks like he may well be one, a better player at European Level I reckon Sow would be than Stevie May)

Archived