Celtic European Campaign 2014-15

TheGreenMonster

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've all got reasons to gloat, you lot should be embarrassed to be on your rivals thread gloating that they missed out on the CL group stages by one goal, on the same night you fumble past an amateur outfit, who finished bottom of the league system, in the diddy cup

Every Rangers fan on here have acknowledged how poor we are as a team, however in what way does our result v QP have any bearing on Rangers fans having a go at Celtic, do you think that if the position was reversed that Celtic fans wouldn't be doing the same.

Celtic being destroyed by Neuchatel Xamax or Rangers being drubbed at home by Unirea spring to mind, but in terms of actual two-leg ties, and the yawning gulf between the clubs' resources, this is surely the worst by far. Maribor have an average attendance of a higher top-half Scottish Championship club (2800) and hee-haw else money going into them in such a complete pub league.

It's the European equivalent of Celtic being done by, err, Ross County, or Morton... but over two legs.

Glorious.

Aren't u forgetting rangers losing to Malmo and Maribor in 2 legged ties in the same season a few years back? I'd say that was worse and at the time Celtic and Rangers had stronger squads than they do now.Deila was left shit by Mowbray I mean Lennon (so hard to tell the difference...) and this is what happens. Celtic are a great club we are the only club proud to fly both the Irish Tricolour, the Union Jack and the Saltire, the 3 flags of Great Britain.

Just to say Maribor are No pub team. They get 10,000 people every week. They have now knocked out Hibs, Celtic and Rangers in their last 3 outings vs Scottish Opposition, what it does show though is that whilst our game is getting more competitive the quality is decreasing in Scotland.So some good and bad things happening to the Scottish game.

I'l be saying thanks but No thanks. Better together.

Just to say Maribor are No pub team. They get 10,000 people every week. They have now knocked out Hibs, Celtic and Rangers in their last 3 outings vs Scottish Opposition, what it does show though is that whilst our game is getting more competitive the quality is decreasing in Scotland.So some good and bad things happening to the Scottish game.

I'l be saying thanks but No thanks. Better together.

Their average attendance was less than 5000

Blatantly the worst result ever. Obviously only if you ignore (amongst others) the other time the Scottish Champions were put out of a European competition by Maribor, but it was still pretty bad.

It's like the Mowbray season all over again with a team packed with mediocrity and a manager who can't pick his best XI, can't pick a decent system, can't make a decent sub and can't get the players to look like they give a f**k.

Oh well, we will return to the comfort of the SPL where we dish out the shoeings to the other pub teams rather than take them and we have some dreary Thursday nights being humbled by other European nobodies to look forward to. What joy.

Its the equivalent of FC United fans celebrating Manchester United losing out on the title by one goal, on the same day they win the North West Counties league, you're really just embarrassing yourself by drawing any sort of attention your clubs way

Fucking behave yourself, if any one of the Ugly Sisters falls on her fanny it's free for all for the rest of us.

Absolutely fucking brutal. We got exactly what we deserved.

I have no confidence in beating anyone now and we could get/probably will get smashed in the Europa.

Trying to think of positives from this. At least the fuds who have never set foot in Parkhead and wander about for 20 minutes incapable of working out how seat rows and numbers work won't bother like they did last night. And eh...cheaper Europa league tickets?

eta Was also nice of the road department to shut the motorway at the Charing Cross underpass for my journey home :angry:

Natural justice has prevailed (which, as we know, is unusual in football). Under the circumstances, Celtic fans can't be too upset.

They will still win the league, IMO, which doesn't say a lot for Scottish football. Hope I'm proved wrong. Scottish football needs a strong Somebody Else.

Archived